A.K.A. Thursday Folder for 5/30/2019
NOTES & REMINDERS
Confirmation of Make-Up Dates - Changes to the School Calendar
Regarding the weather-related changes to our calendar, please make plans informed by the details available here:
May 31 remains as early dismissal day, dismissing at 2:20pm.
The following designated make-up days at the END OF THE YEAR will become FULL instruction days:
June 5 * Last day for preschool*June 6 – Last day of school; EARLY DISMISSAL day, dismissing at 2:20pm
Jackson Film Club Premier - Mystery On The Jackson Jet
Signup below to attend one of Jackson's Film Club showings of Mystery on the Jackson Jet
Concessions will be open. No cost for tickets.
Marcus Galaxy 16
5340 Council St NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
9:30 AM – Cast and Crew’s Families Only
10:15 AM – Open to all Jackson Students and Families
Field Day Volunteers
HyVee Cash4Students Program Returns $1,099 to Jackson
Order School Supplies for Next School Year
Online orders are due by June 16th:
- Go to www.educationalproducts.com/shoppacks
- Enter the school ID: JAC139
- Follow the directions to complete your order.
- Keep your online confirmation as your receipt.
Or return the attached order form with your payment by June 7th (checks payable to Jackson PTA), to the Jackson office.
Jackson Adopt the Garden Summer Program
We’re looking for families to adopt the Jackson Learning Garden over the summer months! This is a great opportunity if you are unable to have a garden at home, travel extensively over the summer or have never gardened and need a simple introduction. Our garden is chemical free and kid friendly!
How It Works:
Families adopt the garden for one week (Sunday-Saturday).
All gardening levels welcome! We supply the checklist and are always around to answer questions and take care of the big problems.
Responsibilities will include watering, weeding, staking and reporting disease or bugs.
All tools are provided and water is on site.
Commitment is 2-5 hours (2-3 hours June/July, later in the summer more time is required).
During your week, families are welcome to take home any produce that is ready!
Weeks fill up quickly! Sign up is below. Questions? Contact Emmaly at firstname.lastname@example.org://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeZfAG81UY7Ti64YiMT14sGi4-N4mQhWjIevTBc9hpQ_G4fMg/viewform
Attention 5th Grade Families
What: 5th Grade Recognition Celebration
When: Tuesday, June 4
Time: 10:00am-2:00pm with a brief ceremony at 11:00-11:30am
Where: Cherry Hill Park Pavilion
• Seating is limited at the pavilion so bring your own chair.
• There will be a lunch provided for students after the ceremony. Parents/family can bring their own lunch and join students for eating.
• There will be a group activity at 12:30-1:00 where parents are welcome to participate.
• If parents have pictures from this school year, of activities/events (classroom parties, field trips, etc.), please send them into school (to your teacher) by next Friday (May 31) to be included in a photo board at the park.
• Magazines and craft paper donations are being requested for a vision board art project the 5th graders are creating during art class, that will be on display at the park. If you have magazines/craft paper that is no longer needed, please send these into the art room as soon as possible.
• Parents can help by volunteering at the park or by providing items in the below signups.
Thanks for all your support of our wonderful 5th graders!
Questions/comments can be directed to Julie McMahan - email@example.com
Free & Reduced Meals
Did you know that you can apply for free or reduced meals at any time, not just at the start of school year? If you do not have a current meal benefit, you may:
- Apply online www.lunchapp.com
- Contact the school for a paper application
If you already have a current meal benefit, no action is needed.
Signup to Help Head PTA Events Next Year
Scrip is looking for additional help with the program next school year. Please contact Lori Weber at 319-551-5584 if interested or have any questions.
If you need a gift card fast, stop in the office and ask to look in the Cash & Carry Bag. Lots of new cards and plenty of options to choose from.
SCRIP is a program where you buy gift cards at face value and a percentage goes back to the school. Fast, convenient and a great way to support Jackson!
SCRIP order forms and info can be found:
Contact Lori Weber at firstname.lastname@example.org or 551-5584 with any questions about SCRIP