Stayton College and Careers Update
September 2019: A new place, FAFSA, scholarships, and more!
The SHS College and Career Corner
FAFSA opens OCTOBER 1. Here's how to be ready.
1. Your FAFSA ID. You can create this before the FAFSA opens. For details on how, click here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7ihhGk8mCY
2. Social Security Number
3. Driver's license number (if you have one)
4. 2018 tax records
5. Records of your untaxed income (this may not apply)
6. Records of your assets (money). This is savings/checking account balances, value of investments, etc.
7. List of the schools you are interested in attending. List the schools you might even consider applying to, at all. They will get your FAFSA information and it is first come, first served.
How to fill out the FAFSA....
SAT/ACT Testing Updates
AP Testing update: Senate Bill 207 and you!
Counseling and I will continue to update students on scholarships as we get information. Here are a few coming up soon:
Daughters of the American Revolution: https://www.dar.org/national-society/scholarships
Careers that work: If you are planning to attend a technical school in Oregon, Washington, or Idaho (here is the list of participating schools): http://www.nwcareercolleges.org/careers-that-work-participating-schools/