PWSH Wolf Howl
Blue Nation: Leading with Pride!
This Week at Plano West
Please watch today's announcements, by clicking on the link below.
Thank you PWSH Student Council for providing our daily communication!
Announcements and Other News:
- Save the Date - Virtual Lunch Open House - TODAY
- PSAT Cohort A-L NEW
- Hybrid Schedule - November 2nd
- Josten's Class Ring Order Information - Last Day
- Food Delivery - NOT ACCEPTED
- Sporting Event Ticket Purchases
- Virtual College Fairs
- AP Exam & Payment - LAST DAY
- Club Updates
Virtual Lunch Open House:
Monday, October 26th
Virtual Lunch Open House
11:30am - 1:00pm
Stayed tuned for more details!
If you are unable to attend, video of the open house will be made available.
Thursday, October 29th
PSAT Cohort A (A-L)
Both Remote and Face 2 Face
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
PSAT Bell Schedule:
Hybrid Schedule - November 2nd
On Monday November 2nd, Cohort A (A-L) must report to school. This means virtual students will be on with their teachers the full school day, and face-to-face students will be in the building. This is to make up for November 3rd.
Tuesday, November 3rd is a student holiday and a teacher work day. No students will report to school virtually or face-to-face.
Jostens Class Rings:
ATTENTION CLASS OF 2022!
Jostens has been given special permission to extend the order deadline for Class Rings to Monday, October 26. There have been several issues with the website that have come to the attention of Jostens staff and they want to make sure you don’t miss out on the free gift with purchase. Place your order online at www.jostens.com and make sure you choose the “ORDER ONLINE” option at checkout to be able to select your free gift with purchase.
Free & reduced meal applications:
Students and families, please do not forgot that it is still necessary for any family that qualifies for free or reduced lunch to continue to sign up for this program this year. This would be for students that are @home or @ school. We hope at some point all students will have the opportunity for students to return to campus and we want to ensure that all services are set up to provide lunches for students. Families can locate this form and helpful video to walk you through the process: https://www.pisd.edu/Page/3840
Free and reduced meal applications are now available at www.schoolcafe.com/pisd.
Student eligibility status from the 2019-2020 school year will roll over only for the first 30 operating days of school or until a new application has been processed. It is important that households complete an application for the 2020-2021 school year as soon as possible.
We encourage households to fill out an application online, however, if a household requests a paper application, we have them available for campuses to print out here. If the parent/guardian completes the paper application at the campus, you can place it in interoffice mail to FANS.
If the parent/guardian takes the application home to complete, they will need to drop off or mail the completed application to: Meal Application Processor; 6600 Alma Drive Suite B, Plano, TX 75023. Households should allow 10 business day for application processing.
Breast Cancer Detection:
Purchase Online Tickets:
Use this QR code to purchase tickets for all PWSH events.
Student Parking Reminder:
All students parking on campus must have a Plano West parking permit on their car. Students parking on campus without a parking permit, parked in STAFF parking areas, or parked in Senior Painted spots that are not theirs, will be towed.
The cost for student parking permits is $60 for the school year (September - May). You will need to go to Parent Portal to purchase a parking permit. You can order the permit in the Registration section and pay for it in the Pay Now section. No cash or checks will be accepted at this time. The parking permit is non-refundable.
Students will need to complete the 2020-2021 Plano West Parking Agreement (click here) before picking up their permit.
Temporary Parking Passes are free for students that have purchased a Plano West parking pass and drive a different car to school. Temporary Parking Passes for students that have not purchased a Plano West parking pass but drive to school are $2.00/day (exact change only). Temporary passes can be purchased and picked up in Arctic Sub School prior to 10:00 AM.
Class of 2021:
Class of 2021 – Senior Class Ranking was updated September 30.
Virtual College Fairs:
AP Exam Schedule:
Senior Class President:
Attention Plano West, this year, there are three candidates running for Senior Class President. In order to get on the voting ballot, each senior must obtain the necessary number of petition signatures to advance as a candidate. Candidate Petition Hyperlinks can be found here, and students can respond to multiple petition forms:
- Asha Chowdhury: https://forms.gle/8ny3FSErS2YR8yXC7
- James Laprocido: https://forms.gle/dQVRLoDjxu2tv19B8
- Griffyn Young: https://forms.gle/EbXDzTfPXHwghGtz5
PWSH Communities in School:
Plano West in collaboration with Communities in School of the Dallas Region is hosting a unique activity to get students further involved in Red Ribbon week. Scan this QR Code and fill out the JotForm. This form will be privately submitted for students to enter into a raffle for prizes!”
- Plano West vs. Jesuit Thursday, October 29th at 8:00 pm @Starcenter Plano (World Rink)
- Plano West vs. Coppell
- Thursday, November 5th at 8:15pm @Farmers Branch (Tom Gaglardi Rink)
- Plano West vs. Denton Co. Thursday, November 12th at 8:15pm @Farmers Branch (Tom Gaglardi Rink)
- Plano West vs. Frisco East Sunday, November 1st at 4:15pm @Comerica Centre (Arena)
- Plano West vs. Jesuit Sunday, November 8th at 5:30pm @Richardson (Blue Rink)
- Plano West vs. Denton Co. Sunday, November 15th at 8:00pm @Richardson (Blue Rink)
Purchase Class Pictures:
Important Information about the Plano West 2021 Yearbook:
- It's time to order your child's 2021 yearbook! Online yearbook sales are now open! Order the 2021 yearbook at http://jostensyearbooks.com/?REF=A01044419.
- Senior Recognition Ads for the Class of 2021 can also be purchased and created through Josten's for inclusion in the yearbook. These ads are a great way to celebrate this special time, and they are available for a limited time. Ad sales link: https://www.jostens.com/apps/jcom/router.mvc?affiliateId=1036901.
- Finally, for parents and students who love to take pictures of school events, if you would like your photos to be considered for inclusion in the 2021 yearbook, you can go to https://images.jostens.com/415468615 and share your photos with the yearbook staff.