Ms. Kilar's Class News
Friday, May 13, 2016
Night at the Museum
We will be having a rehearsal on Monday morning for the 3rd and 5th graders. If your child would like to bring a prop or part of the costume for rehearsal, they are welcome to, but it's not required.
- M-Step: On Tuesday we took the Language Arts portion of the M-Step. The students worked really hard and took their time taking the test. I was really proud of them. Thank you to Mrs. Gretzinger for sending in a snack for the kids.
- Reading: We are reading a science fiction story this week and focusing on author's purpose.
- Writing: Students can chose to write a science fiction or realistic fiction short story. We are going to focus on dialogue, developing characters, and plot.
- Grammar: We are reviewing types of sentences, end punctuation and capitalization rules.
Wish List for Social Studies: At the end of every year I hold an "auction" for the students to spend their KK cash that they've earned during Mini-Society and over the course of the school year. If you'd like to donate items to the auction for either class, I'd really appreciate it. These items can be any thing from candy, used books, small stuffed animals, jewelry, items from the dollar store. In the past I've had parents donate small items that their children are no longer interested in, but another child might love. Think of this as an opportunity to clear out some of that "junk" and donate it to our auction! Thank you!!
- Spelling: New spelling list, front and back of the spelling worksheet, and practice games on Spelling City.
- Math: Front and back of the worksheet
- Grammar: Worksheet
- May 17 - M-Step
- May 16 - Presentation from EMS first repsonders
- May 18 - M-Step
- May 19 - M-Step
- May 18-Night at the Museum
- May 20 - PJ DAY FOR ALL THEIR HARD WORK ON M-STEP!
- May 24 - Walking field trip the the Harbor Springs Historical Society
- June 2 - Field trip to Tahquamenon Falls and Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum (Returning around 6:30)
- June 9 - Sleeping Bear Dunes (we will be returning around 6:30pm)
- If you know you'd like to help chaperone one of our June field trips please let me know.