St. Patrick Catholic School
Weekly Bulletin-October 15th, 2021
Called to More
- Sunday 17th- First Communion-- 11am St. Francis Xavier Church
- Thursday 21st- School Council Meeting Virtual
- Thursday 28th- Halloween and Spin the Wheel
- Thursday 28th- Apple Fundraiser Pick up- 4-7pm
- Friday 29th- No School- Staff PD Day
- Tuesday 2nd- Three Way Conference 4-7:30pm- virtual- email will be sent next week on how to book a time slot.
- Wednesday 3rd- Three Way Conference 4-7:30pm-virtual
Please fill out your yearly consent forms!
Updated daily Health screening Checklist- close contact household change
A reminder for all families that the AHS Daily Assessment needs to be completed and actioned each morning prior to coming to school. If your child is experiencing symptoms please choose:
“other illness or injury” If they are experiencing symptoms that you do not deem to be flu-like, or your child has a medical appointment.
“parent excused.” If your child is experiencing no symptoms at all, please choose this. The parent excused absence should only be chosen if you are keeping your child home for a reason that does not pertain to a medical issue. (i.e dance competition)
The child’s attendance is a parent’s indication that this has been completed and the child is able to come to school. Once this messaging is sent out, we should not normally be following up with parents who select parent excused as an absence code. Asking for a medical note for a pre-existing condition should also only occur in rare cases in consultation with admin.
Our guideline for how we handle students with presenting symptoms during the day is the AHS Daily Assessment. If you have any questions, please speak to your admin.
Our Halloween at St. Pat's will take place on Thursday, October 28th. It is inevitable that Halloween will look a bit different this year. We are not permitted to hold our traditional parade but we will be sharing cohort pictures in the Smore.
As parents will not be available to help with costumes (as in the past), we are asking students to come dressed for the day keeping the following in mind:
- Choose a simple costume that promotes independence. Please minimize accessories etc. as well. This will make classroom work, recess, PE activity, and the use of the washroom much easier. Students will still need to wear their masks at school so please make sure this is possible with the costume they will be wearing that day.
- Please do not send inflatable costumes.
- Each class will communicate how they will run some fun "Halloween" activity at some point in the day. You may send a pre-packaged snack for your child to enjoy at this time. There will be no sharing of food items permitted.
- As done in the past, the majority of the day will be devoted to curriculum.
Thank you for your understanding through this time. We want to ensure students are as safe as possible while enjoying this special day.
SCHOOL PATROL-in front of school
****PLEASE STAY CLEAR FROM BUS LANES AT THE BEGINNING OF OUR DAY AND AT THE END OF OUR DAY*****