Holy Redeemer Catholic School September 24, 2021
Mark Your Calendars:
This coming week:
- Truth and Reconciliation awareness activities planned through-out the week.
- GIRLS Volleyball game-- HR vs. STT @ STT (No Spectators)
- BOYS Volleyball game -- HR vs. JP2 @ JP2 (No Spectators)
- Orange shirt day - Please wear orange in honour of indigenous peoples effected by The Indian Residential Schools Act.
- Back to School Mass / Bible Presentation
- GIRLS Volleyball game-- HR vs. JP2 @ JP2 (No Spectators)
- BOYS Volleyball game -- HR vs. OLPH - TBD (No Spectators)
- NO School - National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Terry Fox Run (Donate Now)
Down the road:
- School Photos - Tuesday, October 5th
- School Photo- Re-Takes - Tuesday, October 26th
School Sports and Events Calendar: Click Here
AHS - Covid-19 Daily Screening CHANGE
>>Has your child been a household contact of COVID-19 case in the last 14 days? A household contact: a person who lives in the same residence as the case OR who has been in frequent, long-duration, close-range interaction with a case of COVID-19. For example, siblings, someone who slept over, or someone who provided direct physical care to the child.
If the answer is “YES” AND they are NOT fully immunized:
The Child should stay home and NOT attend school, childcare and/or other activities for 14 days from the last day of exposure and monitor for symptoms. If your child has symptoms, proceed to question 2. <<
Strengthening Relationships - From Our Indigenous Team Lead
2021 - Terry Fox Run - Fundraising Campaign
Donate to: http://www.terryfox.ca/HolyRedeemerCatholic.
Together, we can all make a difference. #terryfoxschoolruns #tryliketerry @terryfoxfoundation
~ Woo-Hoo - We have raised $200 so far!! ~
Raiders' Weekly Spotlight
This past week at Holy Redeemer...
On Tuesday, our Grades 7 & 8 got to participate in a presentation by MADD Canada.
Our Academy programs for Grades 5-8 are full under-way as is our Nature Kindergarten.
The girls and boys Volleyball teams both played their first games this week and brought much Raiders Pride. - Thank you parents for understanding that due to Covid Restrictions, no spectators are allowed at these events.
Meet Our Staff - Weekly Spotlight
Introducing Miss Richard
Introducing Mrs. Cossey
Introducing Miss Fisher
Action Required: School Fees
School Fees have now been charged to your parent portal account for this school year and are now DUE. Please log in at your soonest opportunity to view and pay your fees directly through your parent portal.
Please Click here to login to PowerSchool and start this process.
Once logged on, on the left hand side you will see "Forms and Fees". Please follow the steps in this section for each child.
Call our office at 780-922-4522 with any questions or concerns.
ACTION Required: Yearly Consent Forms
Please take a moment to log onto PowerSchool and digitally consent to the following forms:
2021 Low Risk Fieldtrip Consent ~ All Students
2021 Responsible Use of Tech Agreement ~ All Students
2021 One to One Use Agreement ~ All Students
2021 Locker Use Agreement ~ Grades 5 to 8
How to Complete Forms:
Log in (If you have not logged into PowerSchool and do not know your username and password please email the School Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can set you up with an account. Click on Forms and Fees
Click on Yearly Consent
Select your answer from the drop down menu.
Click Submit for each section.
Be sure to complete all three sections for each child you have enrolled in the school.
It is vital that you sign in to your account as soon as possible, as there are upcoming field trips and students cannot participate if the consent is not done.
If you need any help please contact the school at 780-922-4522 and Mrs. Guerin can assist you.
The Wellness Corner
Resources for the National Day of Truth and Reconciliation - Shared from Mrs. McCann
For some resources to check out at home as a family, please check out the following below:
News from our Inclusive Learning Team...
Good afternoon! Children's Autism Services of Edmonton is running a monthly Speaker Series for families (virtually). These wonderful events are streamed live and the recordings will remain available for a week after each event.
As well, the Autism Society of Alberta is hosting support group meetings for parents of special needs children. The information is listed below as well as the contact information for the coordinators.
All Alberta Virtual Parents of Special Needs Children Support Meetings
As part of Autism Alberta's Family Resource Centres, our Family Resource Coordinators are hosting a new series of support group meetings. For more information about any of the upcoming meetings, you can contact our Family Resource Coordinators at FamilyResourceCentres@autismalberta.ca or 587-282-1424.
- Sept. 28, 2021 – 1:30 pm
Google Meet Link: google.com/wxa-tqex-iod
Join by phone (CA) +1 647-733-0507 PIN: 197 090 988#
- Oct. 12, 2021 – 7:00 pm
Google Meet Link: google.com/rqd-tnsu-vfp
Join by phone (CA) +1 587-794-8348 PIN: 393 422 355#
- Oct. 26, 2021 – 1:30 pm
Google Meet Link: google.com/jdd-tvqp-nmd
Join by phone (CA) +1 587-977-9361 PIN: 978 199 817#
- WATER BOTTLES: Please ensure that your student brings a water-bottle each day to school. We have seen a recent up-tick in students forgetting to bring a bottle from home; Unfortunately, we do not have the capacity to support this need for our student.
- MASKS: Masks are required inside EICS Facilities. Please ensure you are wearing a mask if you need to enter the school for all appointments. All parents, staff and students must wear a mask in common areas.
- ILLNESS AND ABSENCES: A reminder for all families that the AHS Daily Assessment needs to be completed and actioned each morning prior to coming to school. If your child is experiencing symptoms please choose:
“other illness or injury” If they are experiencing symptoms that you do not deem to be flu-like, or your child has a medical appointment.
“parent excused.” If your child is experiencing no symptoms at all, please choose this. The parent excused absence should only be chosen if you are keeping your child home for a reason that does not pertain to a medical issue. (i.e dance competition)
- BUILDING ADMITTANCE: Please call the office or ring the bell upon your arrival and a staff member will greet you at the door. All doors will be locked at this time. Parents will only be permitted to enter the building for appointments, scheduled business, classroom/school volunteers. Parents must be masked at all times when inside the school.
- PARKING: Please use the designated parking space for parents during pick-ups and drop-offs in front of the school and on the Northside of our building. We are not authorized to utilize the daycare's private parking lot.
Nutrition Program Grant
News from Parent Advisory Council
Holy Redeemer Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
A big thank you to all those that joined our PAC meeting on Tuesday evening! We are looking forward to
getting the year going. A few highlights from the meeting include:
Hot Lunch – we have been given the go to start this up again this year – more details to come soon!
Fundraising – we are working with Mrs. Scoggins to set up a Read-a-thon fundraiser for the school.
Also, watch your emails for our annual Purdy’s fundraiser over the Holiday Season.
Yearbook – We are looking for a volunteer to create the 2020-2021 yearbook for us. If you are
interested in this, please let us know. If we don’t get a volunteer, then we unfortunately miss out on capturing last year’s photos.
We have some role changes and a new member on Parent Council this year:
- Co-Chairs: Andrea Minarchi and Catherine Cake
- Secretary: Laura Lee
- Treasurer: To be approved next PAC meeting - Lauren Unrau
Our next meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 19 th @ 6:30 pm – all parents/caregivers are welcome to join.
Join Google Meeting: meet.google.com/hub-ufef-pmu
Please see our webpage for more information on meetings:
You can also join our Facebook group:
Sacrament Information 2021/2022
If you wish to register your student for one of their sacraments, Please reach out to Natalie Lavigne at OLPH Parish office (780-467-5470). She is now booking the Fall sessions for First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion. This is open to all children grade 2 and older.
The Registration Form can be printed off from our parish website: https://www.olph.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/First-Rec-Communion-Registration-Printable-Form-FINAL-may2021.pdf
Parents can submit them to the OLPH Parish Office in person (7:30am-7:30pm, 7 days a week) OR by email email@example.com.