February 23, 2020
SUPER HEROES SHOW CHARACTER
FEBRUARY IS FOR CARING
DATES TO NOTE:
02/24--Box Tops & Monetary donations due
02/29--Foundation Gala CANCELLED
03/13--Professional Growth Day--Dismissal 11:20
TK INTEREST WAIT LIST
Parents of children with a fifth birthday between June 1st and September 1st who wish to enroll their child into a TK class, rather than a Kindergarten class, MUST place their child’s name on a District Interest Wait List. Below are the steps for parents/guardians to take if they would like their child to attend TK rather than Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year. Please note that this is a new process. Information can also be found on the PUSD website as well.
- Enroll your student in kindergarten at your school of residence during the first week of May.
- Once enrolled and your student’s birthdate is verified, the school will give you instructions on how to place your student’s name on the TK Interest List later in May.
- Students will be placed on a first-come-first-serve basis. As always, due to increased numbers of students required to enroll in TK because of their age, space is limited.
- Students will be seated on a space-available basis according to the TK Interest List and possibly not at their home school.
- Interest List placement is NOT a guarantee that a child will get a TK seat.
- The TK Interest List is open only to students who live in the PUSD boundaries.
- The student is returned automatically to his/her school of residence at the beginning of the following school year for Kindergarten.
If you have questions about the TK Interest List, please email email@example.com
SCHOOL BOND MEASURE
Box Tops Time!!
Student Due Date is Monday, February 24th
Please turn in the following to your classroom canister:
- Box Tops
- Coins & Bills – all monetary donations will be converted to your class Box Top count!
The class who has the most Box Tops/coins/bills will be rewarded the following:
Baskin Robbins Coupons for a free kid’s cone/scoop at the 4S Ranch location!
Super Recess – extra 10 minutes on the playground!
Traveling Trophy - Ms. Mikels will personally hand deliver the trophy to the winning class and congratulate them on a job well done!!
Due to limited ticket sales the Gala has been cancelled for 2020.
Great thanks to all who did buy tickets, we appreciate your support and regret this
necessary decision. Refunds will be made promptly.
This puts us in risk of losing funding to support the Reading Impact Teacher for the 2020/21 school year. To help us cover the needs please consider making a donation.
Volunteer for one of the open board positions on the Westwood Elementary Foundation.
Board Positions: President, Secretary, Director of Special Events, Director of Community Programs (Boxtops, Shoparoo, Dining for Dollars)
Event Coordinators: Golf Tournament Coordinator, Carnival Coordinator, Gala Coordinator
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested and to get more information.
The Multi Cultural Fair is looking for participants to take part in the MCF Traditional Costume Parade please fill out the form and return to the PTA box or to your teacher.