NCTC (North Central Texas College) and Sanger High School
MOU (Memorandum of Understanding)
SEVEN (7) Steps to participate in dual credit
Step One: Attend a Student/Parent Orientation Register for the Sanger High School Orientation Meeting Here: bit.ly/SHSdualcreditmtg
Dates: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 or Thursday, March 4, 2021
Step Two: Complete the Application www.applytexas.org
step by step how to complete the application: https://www.canva.com/design/DAEZNqBWul8/FMiBMqySs9lDR6E9lgxRNQ/view?utm_content=DAEZNqBWul8&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=recording_view
Step Three: Obtain your college ready scores. While TSI scores are preferred, there are a few other options to earn your college ready qualifications. Students must also have a high school GPA of an 80 on a 100 point scale to participate in any dual credit course.
Register for the TSIA 2.0 at SHS: bit.ly/SHStsi2021
Need study help? Test help for students link
Step Four: Submit your documents
- High school/college transcripts and test scores are required prior to registration.
- Meningitis immunization will be required if attending face to face course/s at an NCTC campus.
- Check with your school designee on how documents will be submitted. BE AWARE OF YOUR HIGH SCHOOL DEADLINES: MAY 1, 2020 is the due date for all of the following to be completed: Apply Texas application completed, College Ready scores obtained, Registration form with all information and signatures submitted to Mrs. Lincoln
Step Five: Register for your classes (*NEW* During the pandemic, the registration will be done online by Mrs. Lincoln and our NCTC representatives)
- Students may only register for approved courses by their high school counselors.
- Meet with your counselor or dual credit designee to complete the Student Registration From.
- There are two options for registering:
- Onsite at your high school. Check with your high school counselor for NCTC Dual Credit Registration Day.
- Meet with an NCTC Dual Credit Coordinator at an NCTC campus.
- Registering for unapproved courses may result in forfeiture of ALL courses. If you miss your school deadline, you must make an appointment with an NCTC Dual Credit Coordinator and bring completed registration form.
Step Six: Pay for your classes
- Unlike high school, college is not free. Students must check their student portal from MyNCTC to determine tuition charges.
- Understand your school’s policy if the ISD pays your tuition.
- Payment can be made by phone (940) 668-4200, in person at any campus Business Office, or online from MyNCTC student services portal. You need your ID and Password to access.
- Apply for NCTC Scholarships.
- NCTC also provides waivers for students participating in the Federal Lunch Program. Check with your counselor to make sure your name is submitted.
- All students who drop or withdraw from a course during any semester will be responsible for paying a portion of the tuition
Step Seven: Purchase your textbooks
- Unlike high school, students are required to buy their own textbook.
- You can rent or purchase used copies but these will sell out early.
- NCTC has bookstores on Flower Mound, Gainesville, and Corinth campuses. You can also purchase books online at bookstore.nctc.edu
- Free reduced lunch students are responsible for purchasing their own textbooks.
NCTC - Academic Calendar 2020 - 2021: CALENDAR LINK
Forms and How To's
Sanger High School
Need to book an appointment with your counselor?
Make an appointment to see Ms. Freeman (Last Names A-L): https://sangerhscounselingal.youcanbook.me
Make an appointment to see to see Mrs. Chupp (Last Names M-Z): https://sangerhscounselingmz.youcanbook.me
Make an appointment to see to see Mrs. Lincoln (College & Career): https://sangerhscounselingcollegecareer.youcanbook.me