Chambers Library Newsletter
Welcome back, Chambers Chargers! We have an exciting school year ahead of us. Let's start with some good news.
* Library Hours: 8:00-11, 12:00-3:00.
* Students will be able to check out books starting next week.
* Don't forget to sign up to bring your whole class to the library. Remember that you will
need to stay with your class during that time.
*You can also send your students with a Library pass.
* The signing sheets for the Library and the Kiva are located in the binder placed on the library counter.
*Databases: We have added some new databases this year.
If needed, username: aliefisd; password: Ktwelve.
* We have over 200 new books: picture books, chapter books, graphic novels, biography,
* Come check out these professional magazines : Reading Teacher, Reading Today, Teaching Children Mathematics, Instructor,Tech&Learning, and Internet@Schools.
* We have new student magazines as well: Chickadee, American Girl, Ask, Boy's Life, Click,
Dig, Highlights for Children, National Geographic for Kids, Ranger Rick, and Zoobooks.
* The Scholastic Book Fair will take place September 19-23. The preview is on Friday,
September 16th. We will be open during both Open House nights from 4:00 to 5:00 pm.
*The books in the library have color dots according to their reading level. I will leave a laminated copy of the color codes in your box.