September 17, 2019
YBC Becomes Intern Omaha
A new program gets a new name. This year the YBC program started in Millard as a partnership with Avenue Scholars to place students in meaningful, paid internships in their senior year. The demand was strong, with 200 students applying for 30 available positions. As the program prepares for its second year, it is changing its name to Intern Omaha - Youth Business Community Partnerships. More opportunities will be added, and the program will expand to additional school districts. Know of a business that would be interested in an intern? Contact Cindy Siadek at email@example.com Learn more about Intern Omaha in the video below.
YBC Internship Program
Board of Education Student Representatives
The Board of Education Student Representatives for 2019-20 are as follows left to right:
- Millard South - George Abalekpor
- Millard North - Elaine Whetstine
- Millard West - Sophie Hill
Student Services Report
The Board of Education received the annual Student Services report last night. A few quick facts about Millard:
- 507 Students optioned into Millard this year. The total number of students opting into Millard is 2,782.
- We welcome our 2019-20 foreign exchange students! They hail from Denmark, Japan, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Columbia, Switzerland, Spain and Norway.
- Millard's 2019 graduates accepted 1,350 scholarships for a total value of $26,621,001.