Welcome Back, Wildcats!
Mrs. Benson-8th Grade Assistant Principal
Mr. Petroske-7th Grade Assistant Principal
Mrs. Handte-6th Grade Assistant Principal
We wanted to take this opportunity to say, “Welcome new and existing students, families and staff!” We are excited to open new opportunities and experiences to students while continuing to improve student success and achievement. The entire staff has been planning and preparing throughout the summer so that we can focus on our most valuable resource, our students. New schedules have been created, FOCUS classes are being created and scheduled, exciting lessons have been planned and incentives are being planned for our students who are demonstrating LMS PRIDE behaviors. Remember, if you have any questions, please call the school at 410-479-2760.
Drop off & Pick Up Information
· Car riders will be dropped off at the side entrance (Caroline Street).
· Car riders can enter the building beginning at 7:15. They will remain seated in the cafeteria until 7:30.
· Students must enter the building before 7:40 or they are considered "Tardy."
· Buses are dismissed in waves: 2:25 (1st Wave), approximately 2:35 (2nd Wave).
· Car riders and walkers will be dismissed after all buses have departed. Cars will not be permitted in bus lanes on Lockerman & Caroline Streets until buses are departed.
· Please remain out of the bus lanes between 7:15-7:35 each morning and between 2:10-2:40 each afternoon to allow for bus arrival and bus dismissal to run smoothly.
Dress Code at a Glance
· Shorts must be mid-thigh in length, but in no case less than a four-inch inseam
· Skirts/dresses should not exceed four inches above the knee
· Pants/shorts should be fastened at the natural waistline
· No halter tops/tank tops with spaghetti straps
· No profanity, derogatory expressions, weapons, drugs/tobacco/alcohol, sexual content
Footwear & Headwear:
· Sandals/Flip Flops are okay, no Shower Shoes or Slippers
· No bandanas
· No hats/hoods
· No sunglasses
· No undergarments shown
· Clothes cannot be revealing
· Midriffs cannot be exposed
· Leggings must have a shirt covering one’s backside
Wildcats Take PRIDE in all We Do!
We kicked off the 2019-2020 School Year with grade level PRIDE pep Rally's during the first week of school!! Mr. Hynson (Otis) & Ms. McKinney (Maybelle) were the emcees and kept the crowd hype and entertained. 8th grade National Junior Honor Society representatives shared their essays on how to demonstrate PRIDE at LMS. Students from the crowd had the opportunity to show off their dancing, hula hooping and ballin' skills.
Teachers teach PRIDE lessons throughout the school year and there are reminders of PRIDE expectations regularly. Students will be recognized for demonstrating PRIDE behaviors in all areas of the building. If they earn 70 PRIDE stamps/or have all A's & B's and zero discipline referrals, they will be eligible to participate in quarterly incentives. With each new quarter, students have a fresh start toward earning the upcoming quarterly incentive. Monthly PRIDE cards are located in student agendas. Yet another reason why it is important for students to keep track of their agendas as they serve as assignment reminders, hallway passes and hold the monthly PRIDE cards.
The first quarterly incentive will be a Lip Sync/Dance Off. Eligible students can participate or be an audience member. There is also a "Quiet Area" for students who would rather spend this time reading, writing, coloring, etc. The Quarter One Incentive will take place at the end of Quarter One.
As LMS staff members notice students going above and beyond and showing their PRIDE, they will write students' Positive Office Referrals. An administrator will meet with the student, a phone call will be made home, the student's picture will be taken and the Positive Office Referral and the picture will be PRIDE-fully displayed on a school bulletin board throughout the month. They will be sent home with the students at the start of the following month.
Take PRIDE in all you do, Wildcats!
September Dates to Remember:
23-No School for Students; Professional Development Day
25 @ 6:00-Special Education Citizens Advisory Committee Meeting at the Board of Education
30-After School Program Begins
Website/Other Social Media:
LMS School Website:
For school announcements and other helpful information including the monthly A Day/B Day Calendar
Facebook(Like & Follow):
Lockerman Middle School
Lockerman Middle PTA
My School Bucks:
For parents to make payments online and with your phone.
CCPS District Website:
For access to the school calendar, calendar/handbook, closings and delays, breakfast and lunch menu