AEB Weekly 8/28/17 to 9/3/17
W. Charles Akins High School Band - Austin, TX
Marching Band Rehearsal Schedule
- Monday, 8/28 - 5:00pm to 7:30pm
- Tuesday, 8/29 - 5:00pm to 7:00pm
- Wednesday, 8/30 - 7:00am to 8:30am
- Thursday, 8/31 - 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Updated in realtime on the AEB website calendar.
***There will be no rehearsal on Monday, September 4th due to the Labor Day Holiday***
Inclement Weather Procedures
Students will never be placed in a situation where they are in danger.
We will rehearse indoors or, if weather permits, outdoors. In the case of a light drizzle that would permit us to rehearse outside, we will do so in panchos with no instruments or brass instruments only.
The safety and well-being of our students is the first priority. We must also do everything that we can to continue working on our production of Strangers in the Night!
Events, Announcements, and Information
SNAP! Fundraising Kickoff Meeting
Thursday, Aug. 31st, 4:45-5:45pm
10701 South 1st Street
"Snap is a social donation platform that allows our band to receive donations from our networks, communities, and supporters. Snap uses the power of social media with a safe, fun, and interactive approach. All we will ask is that each parent/guardian help their student gather 20 or more e-mail addresses of their biggest fans and family members. Your contacts are strictly private and protected."
- Safe and Protected - Snap! Raise is the safest online donation platform available. All data is private and never redistributed.
- No Product Sales - Members will not be asked to sell products for this fundraiser. Every effort is made through our own custom built page and shared via Email, Facebook, Twitter, and Text.
- E-mail Strategy - All supporters will receive a receipt for their gift that is tax deductible, included with a personalized thank you from the band member. There are three reminder emails sent to donors, with an option to unsubscribe.
- Reverse Flow - Snap's platform and process is what makes the fundraiser so successful. It allows an extensive reach across communities by providing options to connect with multiple donors and their social networks; maximizing our fundraising efforts.
Football vs. Crockett
Friday, Sep. 1st, 4:30-11pm
3200 Jones Road
- 4:30pm - Tailgating
- 5:15pm - Inspection and Load
- 6:15pm - Depart Akins HS
- 7:00pm - Pre-Game in Stands
- 7:30pm - Game Begins
- 10:00pm - Game Ends (Estimated)
- 11:00pm - Return to Akins HS (Estimated)
- 11:30pm - All Students Picked Up
All students must be picked up 30 minutes after return to Akins HS.
AISD Police and AHS Administration will be called after 30 minutes.
Please make arrangements if you cannot pick up your student within the appropriate time frame.
Students must have the following:
- Full Summer Uniform
- Water Jug
- All Stand Music in Flip Folder
- Music Lyre
Private Lessons Start This Week
Grades Matter Now!
In order for AEB to be successful, we count on every student to be academically successful! Stay organized, reach out for help, and work hard so that you can continue to enjoy performing with AEB!
AISD at Austin Pride Parade Rescheduled to 9/16
More information, including whether or not AEB will be participating will come within the week.
AEB 2018 Spring Trip!
Thursday, April 19th 2018 at 7am to Saturday, April 21st 2018 at 11:30pm
Dallas, TX, United States
- 2 Nights Hotel
- All Meals
- Six Flags over Texas
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
- Pizza & Pasta at Shenaniganz with Two-Hour Game Pass
- Tour of AT&T Stadium - Home of the Dallas Cowboys
- Sixth Floor Museum - Site of the JKF Assassination
- Tour of the African American Museum of Dallas
- Grapevine Mills Mall
- Dallas Arts District
The per person cost for this year's trip is $499.
Payments will be made directly to Educational Travel Adventures (ETA), our new travel company. ETA has an online portal where you can make payments. Students who wish to fundraise for the trip can still do so, but must have money in the account prior to each payment due date. Otherwise, payments will need to be made directly to ETA. In other words, you must do fundraising prior to trip due dates, not after.
AEB Band Staff will have no control over students being dropped due to late or non payment.
Remember to Make Your Payment Plan Payments
Earn Money for Your Band Fees, Trip Payments, and Lessons
There are always shifts available and we are already needing people to work!
A+ Federal Credit Union - Akins HS Branch - Grand Opening
- Tuesday, September 5th - Booster Board Meeting - Band Hall - 6:00pm to 7:00pm
- Tuesday, September 5th - Booster Meeting - Band Hall - 7:00pm to 8:00pm
- Friday, September 8th - Football vs. Austin - House Park - 4:30pm to 11:30pm
- Thursday, September 14th - Football vs. Lehman (Middle School Night) - Burger Stadium - 4:30pm to 11:30pm
- Tuesday, September 19th - AISD Band Jamboree - Burger Stadium - 7:00pm to 10:30pm
- Thursday, September 21st - Football vs. McCallum - House Park - 4:30pm to 11:30pm
- Saturday, September 23rd - Bands of America Austin Regional - Kelly Reeves Stadium - All Day
- Monday, September 25th - Student Holiday - No Rehearsal