James Hart School Update
Friday, September 11, 2020
Information and Updates
It has been a great week of learning at James Hart School!
It was great to see so many students and families during our "Meet the Teacher" and materials distribution events this week. If you were unable to stop by, materials can be picked up in our main office, Monday-Friday, between 7:30 am and 2:30 pm.
The link below is our Virtual Open House that includes video introductions and information.
We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we adapt to remote learning this school year.
Starting next week, we are starting Panther time for our students:
8th period for 6th grade
7th period for 7th and 8th grade
What is Panther Time?
- A time in the day where teachers can see students to support academic needs
When will Panther Time take place?
- For 6th grade-8th period - During remote learning
- For 7th and 8th grade-7th period-During Remote learning
- Teachers will email and tell the students to report to their Panther Time
- Students are REQUIRED to report to that teacher during
What if my child is not asked to join a Panther Time?
- Students will have an independent study period.
- Students can email or join Panther Time links as needed to ask teachers questions
- BCO students will report to full rehearsals as scheduled
- Guided study students should report to their guided study
Where are links for Panther time?
- Students can find the links in TEAMS
- Panther Time Zoom link will be under the ZOOM link channel of all class periods
1) Students must have their first name and the first initial of their last name listed in order to be admitted to class.
2) Students must also have their cameras on when they enter the class. This is a safety issue due to people disrupting our classes that do not attend James Hart School.
3) Students should have their cameras on during the delivery of instruction. If there is an issue or concern, please send an email or message to the teacher.
4) Virtual backgrounds must be appropriate and should not be distracting or include pictures of people.
5) The student who is in the class should be the only person visible on the Zoom screen for class.
6) Students should not share login credentials. Sharing of login information violates other students’ and teachers’ rights to confidentiality and could allow class participation by unauthorized persons and/or lead to disruptive behaviors that detract from a productive and positive learning environment.
7) Email is a great way for students and parents to communicate with teachers.
8) If you have questions, trouble getting into Teams, or technology issues, please call the main office or submit a Parent Tech Ticket.
We thank you for your patience and support as we transition into this new way of learning.