The HOOT @ OV
Oxford Valley Elementary School Faculty & Staff Newsletter
September 15, 2016 - Rotation Day 1
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~Arthur Ashe
Important Dates - Coverages - Birthdays
Staff Absences and Coverages:
Birthdays this month:
- 9/13 - Prof Dev K-2 Compass Learning & MTSS Intro
- 9/14 - Prof Dev 3-5 Compass Learning & MTSS Intro
- 9/15 - BTSN @ 6:30 in Gym
- 9/16 - SUB FOLDER is DUE
- 9/16 - Author K-2 @ 1:10 & Grades 3-5 @ 2:05
- 9/16 - PTO Back to School Movie Night
- 9/21 - PTO MEETING @ 6:15
- 9/21 - Cornerstones Presentation to Youth Coalition @ 7:00
- 9/21 - FACULTY MEETING
- 9/23 - Prof. Staff Manual Signature Page is due
- 9/23 - No Place For Hate Assembly @ 9:15
Daily Information and Updates
- WELCOME NICOLE KERRIGAN!!! Nicole is Hollie's sub while she is out on maternnity. Great to have you here!
- Announcements: If you would like to have me as a "guest" in your classroom for the announcements and have your students lead us in the Pledge of Allegiance, just let me know. Nothing mandatory - just a fun way to start the day. Thanks ~DLM
- DATE CHANGE: In light of the Fall Book Fair during the last week of September, I have changed the date on our Faculty Meeting; it is now scheduled for 9/21.
- CLASS TRIPS: Please have your destinations locked down this month
- SUB FOLDERS are due this Friday, 9/16.
- Morning or Afternoon Announcements: If you need to have something announced in the morning, please leave me a physical note in a folder in my mailbox. It will get passed on to Lisa G for the PM announcements. Thanks ~DLM
- Please remember to let me know which Differentiated Growth Option you are in. This is also due to me by Friday, 9/16. ~DLM
· L.Y.F.T. AWARD: The character trait for the month of September is RESPONSIBILITY. See below for the criteria. I will send out the nomination form as soon as I receive it, but for now be thinking of someone who holds this quality. Nominations will be due to me by Friday, Sept. 30th.
RESPONSIBILITY: Young person accepts and takes personal responsibility for his/her behavior. Young person accepts and takes personal responsibility for his/her actions and decisions at home, and/or at school, and/or community. Young person acknowledges mistakes and apologizes when appropriate. Young person follows through with assignments, activities, and other commitments.
· Please make sure you are taking your students out to practice for FIRE DRILLS this week and next week. It is essential that ALL aspects of the drill are practiced (E.g. Calmly exiting the building, walking in straight lines SILENTLY both exiting and entering the building, and to stand in their fire lines silently so that instructions may be heard). Remember to take out your new hideously ORANGE clipboards with essential materials inside.
· Make a point to practice the CODE YELLOW/RED drills with your students. When you begin to teach the expectations for these drills, you must also make it clear of what they should do if a CODE is called or a fire alarm is pulled during lunch or recess. Likewise, teach them what to do should they be in the hallway or moving somewhere throughout the building. I will give you advance notice of our first September Drills once I set those dates. After that, they will occur at random.
· Please keep track of the signed Student Conduct Policies that are being returned. Keep them on file so that if asked, we can produce it. Communicate with your parents that this must be returned by Friday latest. If you do not receive one back from a family, please let me know ASAP. This signed contract also incorporates our ability to photograph a student. Should you get any questions about students being photographed for school events, here is the information to give them: If a parent/guardian does not wish to have his or her child photographed, they must send a letter to me that states their wishes in writing.
Back to School Night
Thursday, Sep. 15th, 6:30pm
430 Trenton Road
Fairless Hills, PA
6:30 - 7:00 Presentation in the Gym
7:00 - 7:30 Session 1 in classrooms
7:30 - 7:45 BREAK
7:45 - 8:15 Session 2 in classrooms
8:20 Building Closes