Mary McPherson Families
As we enter the month of being thankful, I would like to express how thankful I am to all of you for making this a great start to the year! From our wonderful Jogathon, to getting our Art Smart program back up and running, to Kiss the Pig and conferences, you have helped to make this a memorable fall here at MME. I know there have been some challenges, but everyone has been so positive towards our staff and school. We appreciate your support more than you know! Please know that we are so very thankful for such wonderful families who help to make Mary McPherson a wonderful place to learn and grow!
Mrs. Murdoch, Principal
1- PTO Meeting in the Gym at 6:30
4- Picture retakes-More info below
4- Subway forms and $ due
11- Mary McPherson Friendsgiving- Food Truck rally, 5:00 PM, in the back of the school
11-Veteran's Day, thank you to all our Veterans! School is in session that day.
12- Subway day
18- Wear your Kindness Shirt!
22-26- Thanksgiving Break
2- Subway forms and $ due
3- No school, teacher collaboration
6- PTO meeting in the gym at 6:30
10- Subway day
20-31- Holiday Break
If you have not yet ordered, please follow the instructions below. All pre-orders must be placed by November 4.
1. Go to parkerportraitsonline.com
2. Leave STUDENT KEY blank
3. Select Mary McPherson Fall 21 PLUS RETAKE DAY from the Job/Event menu and click open
4. Enter student details (Name, Grade, Teacher)
5. Enter contact details and click submit
6. Choose your background for each package
7. Choose your package
8. Add it to the cart and then checkout
-We had a successful Jog-a-thon and raised approximately $17,000! Thank you to all who supported and volunteered for the Jog-a-thon!
-With all of the fundraising efforts the PTO will be able to help fund several teacher/staff requests and school needs. Including but not limited to new soccer goals, building a new backstop for kick ball games, new PE/playground equipment for all classes, and so much more!
-Please join us for our first ever Friendsgiving on November 11th from 5pm-7:30pm. We will have a couple local food trucks for families to purchase food and the PTO will have a hot chocolate table set up. Our very own student council will be selling baked goods as a fundraiser for them. Everything will be set up on the blacktop behind the school where kids and adults can take part in activities while enjoying each others company (weather permitting).
-Our next PTO meeting will be on December 6th at 6:30pm in the gym.
News from Mrs. Gallegos in the Library
Nov. 8-12th is Idaho Family Read week and our theme is Believe and Achieve!
Read week is November 8 -12
Every student will receive a Believe and Achieve booklet.
Complete the booklet with your student(s)
Fill out the form and return by 11/16 for a chance to win prizes.
Tips for families to encourage a growth mindset:
- Play with building materials. Draw your design first and then try to build it. It may take a few tries!
- Measure your progress. If you are trying something new keep track of where you started and reflect on that after you have tried and failed a few times.
- Use a journal to write down goals and track your achievements.
- Ask open-ended questions to engage learning.
- “I wonder…”
- “Tell me more…”
- Encourage tinkering and playing with tools.
- Read books that celebrate persistence
Please send the library pictures of your family doing various activities
We have a new line for reporting attendance!If your student is going to be absent for any reason, please let our office know at 208-855-4301. You may call and leave a message at any time.
Lost and Found
I am seeing a lot of kids sporting their new Mary McPherson sweatshirts. These are very difficult for students to tell apart in the lost and found. Please make sure to put initials or names so we can return them to their rightful owners.
If your student is missing something, encourage them to check the lost and found. Parents are always welcome to stop by and take a look. Our lost and found is located just past the office on the left side of the hall.
Student Drop off Times
- Please do NOT drop off your students before 8:45 AM on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. There is no staff on the playground to supervise students prior to this time.
- Wednesdays are late start, do not drop off students before 9:00 AM. School starts at 9:25 every Wednesday.
We will be learning about each of these dispositions in the classrooms through videos and activities this fall. You might also notice that our spirit wear shirts are also showcasing our "PRIDE" this year as we work to become awesome learners! We will be sending home more information about each one as we learn and practice them.