April 1st, 2021
Scholastic Book Fair
Important information for our Book Fair, held April 7th & 8th:
Students Only: Unlike other years, due to COVID, the book fair will only be open to students and only during the school day.
Cash and Contactless Checkout Options: With Book Fair eWallet, a convenient digital payment account, your child can shop the Fair cash-free. And now grandparents, friends, and others can contribute to the eWallet to help build your home library! (eWallet balances will stay on your child’s account to be spent at a later date. The unspent funds will not go back on your credit card.)
Shop Online: Experience the Book Fair fun by visiting our Book Fair online! You can shop over 6,000 products — and all orders ship direct to your home (with free shipping on book-only orders over $25*)! The virtual fair opens March 31.
All purchases made during the Fair will bring our school 25% in rewards.
Visit our Book Fair homepage to learn more and get started with eWallet and online shopping:
Join Chess Club
Chess Club Grades 4-6
Playing chess can help students to learn decision making, critical thinking and patience. It can also help to improve their concentration which is a valuable skill in this world that is full of distractions. New and experienced chess players are welcome and will receive weekly instruction and opportunities to play. Students will be paired with another player who plays at the same level. Chess Club will be held at Forest Lake Elementary School with Mr. Anderson. Click on this link to register for Chess Club!
Tuesdays - April 13-May 18
FLE Educational Equity Pledge
To help set the tone of our school culture we have added this equity pledge to our morning announcements. These are the commitments we make to our students everyday.
We value your strengths and contributions
You are respected for who you are
Your voice will be heard and appreciated
You are cared about
We will work to represent you in our curriculum
We want you to feel comfortable and welcomed at school
We will support you to be academically confident and challenged
You will be empowered to achieve your goals, dreams and full potential
We all will take responsibility in creating a more just society
Summer School Planning
We are already planning for Summer School. Below is some general information, with more information to come as we get closer to Spring.
Summer School Dates
- Monday, June 21st through Friday, July 30th
- No school on Friday, July 2nd.
Daily Schedule: 7:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
Locations for Summer School this year will be:
- Wyoming Elementary for K-3
- Forest Lake Area Middle School for grades 4-12.
Grab and Go Breakfast and Lunch will be provided.
At April conferences, the qualifying recommendation letter
including the URL and directions on how to register will come home
Here Comes the Bus
Here Comes the Bus for Forest Lake Area Schools
- View the real-time location of your child’s bus
- Access the app from your smartphone, tablet or computer
- Receive push notifications or email alerts
- Send your child to the bus stop at just the right time, every time
How to get started:
- Download the Here Comes the Bus app (available in the App Store and Google Play) or visit herecomesthebus.com
- Click “Sign Up” (top right corner on the website)
- Enter school code 38313 and click “Next” followed by “Confirm”
- Complete the “User Profile” box
- Under “My Students,” click “Add.” Enter your child’s last name and student ID number - Student ID numbers can be found on ParentVUE
- Once you have confirmed your information, you’re ready to begin using Here Comes the Bus!
- For their safety, we continue to request that students be at the bus stop five minutes before the bus arrives.
- Notifications for your bus are based on a radius and distance away from your bus stop. You can customize that radius within the app to provide the best timing for notification.
- Students who live in dual households can be added separately. One household will be entered with the regular student ID number and the other will be entered with the student ID plus * (for example, 12345*)
P-EBT: Food Support Available for Qualifying Families
P-EBT (Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer) is a food benefit available to Minnesota families with children who would have received free or reduced price meals if schools were open. To receive benefits, your child must be enrolled in free or reduced price school meals, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or the Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP). Benefit amounts will be based on the time periods in which your child attended school through a distance or hybrid learning model during the 2020-21 school year.
If your child does not receive MFIP or SNAP and is not enrolled in free or reduced price school meals, but you think they may qualify for free or reduced price meals, submit an Online Application for Educational Benefits as soon as possible. If you have questions about your child’s free or reduced price meal status or to receive a paper copy of this application, please contact Judy Liebsch at email@example.com or 651-982-8396. If you have questions about the P-EBT program, please visit the DHS frequently asked questions website.
Lus Hmoob | Af Soomaali | Español
Shop Amazon and Support Our Schools!
Help raise funds for our schools effortlessly! Use the link below when shopping Amazon and our AmazonSmiles program will donate to our school with each purchase. Please note that the Amazon App does not qualify for this give back program.