"I don't pretend to be captain weird. I just do what I do."
-moving 20 times when he was a child, leaving him not permanent place to call home until he was 12
-his parents getting a divorce causing him to lose his "father figure" in his life
-dropping out of high school and not being able to readmit
-had many jobs to support himself and his wife; one of which being a telemarketer for pens
After becoming as famous as he is today, Johnny Depp experienced many obstacles just like many other celebrities. Some examples of this are:
- after being cast for his second role by the film's director, the film's producer rejected his decision, causing Depp to lose the role
-the public's claims on Native American ancestry
- the public's claim on Comanche adoption
- his controversial comments on the United States
- his alleged dog smuggling in Australia
Legal Issues such as:
- arrested for brawling paparazzi outside a restaurant
-sued by a disabled medical professor who claimed Depp's body guards attacked him at a concert and suffered from injuries
Steps Depp took to achieve his dream
- became an open-minded person and adaptive to change due to never truly having a place to call "home" until he was 12 years of age
- after dropping out of high school, he became a musician and tried to persue a carer is music
- he took many small jobs to help support himself and his family after his music career failed
- accepted the offer to meet with actor Nicolas Cage and talk about what he should do since he hadn't completed his education and his music career failed
- took Cage's advice of turning to acting and applied for roles, later granting him success
-Depp received a star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame on November 19, 1999
-Depp has been nominated for:
3 Academy Awards (Oscars)
9 Golden Globe Awards
3 BAFTA Awards
5 Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films and many, many more.
In fact, in total Depp has won 62 awards and been nominated for 87
- "Johnny's Guitars." Johnny's Guitars. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Oct. 2015
- "Biography." IMDb. IMDb.com, n.d. Web. 15 Oct. 2015.
- Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 15 Oct. 2015.
- Ziegbe, Mawuse. "Johnny Depp to Play Edward Scissorhands on 'Family Guy'" Boston.com. The New York Times, 12 July 2012. Web. 15 Oct. 2015.
- "Johnny Depp - Muzul." Muzul. N.p., n.d. Web. 15 Oct. 2015.