Peek at the Week
Mrs. Bennett's First Grade News, Week 11 (Nov.6-10)
A Note From the Teacher
- I am sending home a bookmark that includes all of the reading strategies we have learned. Make sure your child is practicing when reading.
- Please send book bags back only once a week. It is important to read the books more than once to practice fluency. Thank you for reading at home! It is making a HUGE difference!
With 1 week to go, PCE is still ~$2K shy of our goal to help Hitchcock Head Start recover from Hurricane Harvey. Click on https://squareup.com/store/pebble-creek-pto to make your tax-free donation today!
- Friday 11/10: Veterans Day Celebration @ 7:40AM
- Wednesday 11/15: Fall Picture Retakes
- Decades Enrichment Day will be Monday, November 20, 2017. Each grade level will study a different decade. We will be learning about the 1980's so start thinking about an 80's outfit for that day. We will also need parents from each class to help decorate the entrance to our hallway to represent the 80's decade.
- *Mark your calendars for 1st Grade Parent Math Event on Tuesday, November 21, 2017.
You are invited to the First Grade Math Event!
Date: Tuesday, November 21, 2017
Place: Mrs. Bennett's Room 106
Students will be rotating through 5 math stations. Parents are invited to join their child and learn how to do math stations you can practice at home.
*Note about spelling homework: Just brainstorm words that follow the phonics rule, not a word family. (For example: brainstorm words that start with bl, cl, fl, or gl.)
Optional Challenge Words (test on November 10, 2017)
vote, leader, state, nation, choice, decision, public official