Elite News & Review
Viewing on February 28, 2023 Tuesday @ 8:00 a.m. -8:45 a.m.
March Read-A-Thon! 📚
Ready, Set...Read! 📖
In leiu of Dr. Suess Week, we will implement "March Read-a thon" to encourage reading for the entire month.
Here are the minimum daily reading goals by grade:
GRADE # OF MINUTES READ PER DAY
Pre K-K 10-15 MINUTES
1ST-2ND 15 MINUTES
3RD-5TH 20 MIINUTES
● The Read-a-Thon starts Wednesday, March 1st and ends Friday, March 31st.
● Each grade level will represent a color chosen at random.
● Wear your team color every Friday to rep your squad.
● Keep track of how many minutes you read each day with a parent signature on your reading log.
● Submit reading logs every Friday to your reading teacher by 9 a.m.
● 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place leading squads will be announced every Monday during the announcements.
● The grade level with the most minutes at the end of the month will receive a VIP Pizza Dance Party.
1. Reading before and after school counts.
2. Reading during class time does NOT count.
3. Pre K – K: Being read to by other people does count.
4. Reading aloud to the dog, the cat, and the goldfish (or any other pet) does count.
5. Reading under the bed covers, with a flashlight, at night counts.
6. Reading instead of doing your homework does NOT count.
7. Reading instead of watching TV or playing video games does count.
8. No guessing or rounding off minutes.
9. CHARACTER COUNTS-be honest with your minutes so that it will be fair and fun for everyone.
10. Please look at the clock or use a timer or stopwatch to clock your minutes.
Family Night @ Chuck e Cheese
Friday, March 3rd
Copies provided at the event
viernes 3 de marzo
copias proporcionadas en el evento
Houston Gateway Academy Family Night
Hope to see you there!
Early Dismissal- March 10th 12:00 noon
Have a safe break filled with laughter and spending time with family and friends.
Session with the Counselor👇🏽
Testing Anxieties/ Meeting with Ms. Andrus
Wednesday, March 22nd, 2:30pm
7310 Bowie Street
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
End of the 3rd Nine Weeks March 3rd
State Assessments Dates:
April 26..... STAAR Science.. grade 5th
May 3.........STAAR Math...3rd - 5th