Fashion Designer Project: Valentino
By: Sarah Chang
- Full Name: Valentino Clemente Ludovico Garavani
- Date of birth: May 11th
- Birthplace: Voghera, Italy
- Education: École des Beaux-Arts and Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne.
- Martial Status: Not married
- Early designing experience:
- "Layers of white pleats and animal prints.
- Red dresses (and this started the Valentino Red Industry.)
- Retirement: Retired in 2008.
Valentino is famous for Valentino red and creating elegant, feminine dresses.
Some of his Designs
1967- Valentino receives the Neiman Marcus Award, equivalent to the fashion Oscar, in Dallas Texas.
1984- Valentino celebrates his jubilee and receives a special award from the Italian Ministry of Industry. On that occasion he is officially invited at the Quirinal Palace by the President of the Italian Republic.
1986- Valentino is appointed by the President of the Italian Republic the Italian Highest Officials award.
1995- The Mayor of Florence awards him the "Premio speciale dell'arte nella moda".
- 1996- Valentino is awarded the name Cavaliere del Lavoro. The closest English meaning for it is Haute Couture King.