West Hills STEM Academy
March & April Calendar
March 5 - Reptile Man Assemblies
(K-4 @ 1:00 p.m. & 5-8 @ 2:00 p.m.)
March 5 - Reptile Man Family Night Experience
in the Gym @ 6:30 p.m.
March 9 - Best Dental Here
March 17 - School Spirit Day - Green Day
March 20 - Non-Student Day
March 25 - School Spirit Day - Super Hero Day
March 26-27 - Parent Conferences - No School
March 30-April 3 Spring Break
April 12 - Family Night, 5:00-6:30, Flex Space
April 21 - Spring and Class Pictures
April 24 - School Spirit Day - Crazy Sock Day
COVID-19 Update for Families
Dear BSD Families:
While no cases have been confirmed in Kitsap County as of noon today, the Kitsap Public Health District advises that we should be prepared for “community spread.” (Community spread means people have been infected with the virus in an area, including some who are not sure how or where they became infected.)
It is important to note that persons who are older or who have underlying health conditions are at higher risk to develop complications from this virus. The Washington State Department of Health has some guidance for people who are at higher risk for serious illness.
The Centers for Disease Control recommends that school districts work closely with local health officials regarding any decision to close schools or cancel events. At this time, local health officials do not recommend school closures or event cancellations. Recommendations may change as we learn more about this virus. We will keep you updated.
We want to assure you that swift action will be taken if/when necessary, or when it is recommended by public health officials to protect the health of all of our students and staff.
- We will continue sending updates to families via email and text message.
- We will NOT be sending out robo calls for every COVID-19 update we send by email, unless there is urgent or timely information.
- If you know of families who are NOT getting our updates by text or email, please have them contact their school or call 360-473-1076 to obtain their Skyward Family Access log-in so they can update their communication preferences.
- We’ve created a web page on our site (www.BremertonSchools.org/COVID-19) where we will be posting our updates to families, and links to other resources.
- We also invite you to follow-us on Facebook.
- You can also sign-up to get updates directly from the Kitsap Public Health District at: https://kitsappublichealth.org/ (look for the “Sign Up for Notifications” link in the bottom, left corner of their website).
We again want to remind everyone of the importance of taking these simple steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses.
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your face
- Cough and sneeze into a bent elbow or tissue, then throw away the tissue
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you or a family member is sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently used objects and surfaces
Per the Kitsap Public Health District, people with mild symptoms should stay home and rest. People who are severely ill or at high risk for severe illness should stay home and call their health care provider.
Traducciones al español disponibles en www.BremertonSchools.org/COVID-19
Golden Acorn Award - Jessica Diehl
Students of the Month for February
Yadira Pablo Jeronimo
Every month we have a random drawing for those K-5 and 6-8 students who had PERFECT Attendance for the Month. In addition, the classroom with the HIGHEST average gets to have a stuffed GRIFFIN in their classroom for the month. Below are our honorees for the month of February.
Kinder- Mrs. Vela
1st- Mrs. Jewett
2nd- Mrs. Tubberville
3rd- Mrs. Porter
4th- Ms. Chapman
5th- Ms. Straume
6th-8th Mrs. Magiera and Mrs. Nelson
Congratulations to Our New Griffin Champs
Garid- Ider Weiner
Emini Haze Quintanilla
Jossy Ceronio Rhea
Yandel Funez Ramos
Hilda Pablo Ramirez