May 30, 2023
We are moving to the Cloud!
Do you want to learn more about using Technology in the Classroom?
Become a #TechLeader!
Our Innovative Technology Services (ITS) department wants to effectively train and support all teachers, and equip each school site with someone who wants to learn more about technology integration and can provide information and basic troubleshooting support to site staff through the role of #TechLeader and #TechLeader Innovator.
#TechLeaders and Innovators from each school site will attend focused training on implementing EdTech resources, then share and demonstrate those resources to their school site, collaborate with their administrators and instructional coach, and assist sites in problem solving in the area of educational technology.
Read more about the role and apply by clicking the link below! Applications close on June 9th.
Deadline to use Google Takeout
- If you are leaving the District at the end of the school year, you will need to back up your data by June 30, 2023. Please check out THIS NEWSLETTER for steps on how to complete this process.
- Students leaving the District (Seniors or students who are moving) should follow the instructions in THIS NEWSLETTER.
Elementary Grading Window
- FRI, 5/26: Last day expected for teachers to enter grades through Teacher Portal
- WEDS, 5/31: Grade Corrections/Adjustments (Teacher Portal Entry Disabled at midnight)
Secondary Grading Window
- THU, 6/1: Last day expected for teachers to enter grades through Teacher Portal
- FRI, 6/2: Grade Corrections/Adjustments (Teacher Portal Entry Disabled at midnight)
End of Year Activities
End of Year Aeries Procedures
A friendly reminder to Aeries users: If a student is enrolled through the last day of school, please do not withdraw them. Keep their record active, even for graduates. For more information on End-of-Year procedures, please refer to the End of Year Resources.
Do you have devices to turn in?
If you have Chromebooks or Lenovo laptops that you need to turn in, you can bring your device to Curbside Tech Support by appointment June 1st, from 9:30 - 5:00, or June 5th-9th, from 8:30 - 3:30. Curbside Tech Support is located at Franklin Elementary, 527 Ventura Street Altadena, CA 91001.
New Devices: What to Expect
- After you receive your device and have signed in to it, applications will download to the device over a few hours. If it's been a while and you still don't have important applications (such as Chrome), please restart your device while connected to your docking station.
- If you have specific applications that you use and need to download, you will have to put in a Help Desk ticket so we can push the application out to you. In the ticket system, please select Staff > Account/Application > Intune Requests > Application Request.
- The new set up is designed for flexibility. You can remove your laptop from the docking station to work in a different location or connect to your projector.
- If you are having issues with your monitor connecting to your laptop, please double check your connections and make sure they match with the picture to the right.
- Please reboot your device daily for the first week. Doing so will help with updates and ensuring your device works optimally.