Prairie Point Panther Press
Newsletter for Prairie Point Elementary School
Friday, April 21, 2017
Welcome to the Prairie Point Panther Press!
May 3rd - 3 Great Events at Prairie Point
Summer School 2017 Course Catalog
Goodwill-Pass It On Challenge
Chick-fil-A Teacher Tuesday in April
2017-2018 Curriculum Night
Home and School Calendar
21 Most Caring Classroom (MCC) items due
21 Daddy/Daughter Dance, 6:30-8:30
25 Culver's Night
28 Box Tops Due
4 Home & School meeting, 7:00pm
10 TND (on a Wednesday!) - Salsa Verde night
18 Field Day (Rain out date 5/19)
23 Culver's night
26 Last day of school
5th Grade Sweet Send Off - Registration & Waiver
OHS 2017 Summer Camp Flyer
OHS 2017 Summer Camp Book
Summer Baseball Camp for Grades K-8
Know Any 5th Graders? Oswego School District 5th Grade Band Registration Appointments
The Oswego School District Beginning Band Appointments are scheduled during March and April with appointments being taken during January and February. The appointments are intended for any students who will be enrolled in 6th grade next year (2017-18) and would like to participate in band. Sixth grade is the only time that Beginning Band is offered at the junior high level in District #308 so it is important that interested students secure an appointment now.
Appointments are required for 6th Grade Band Registration!
Make an appointment through your junior high school link below.
Students will try all instruments and a final selection will be made with the assistance of an instructor.
Traughber JHS, make an appointment at
For questions, contact: Rachel Maxwell or Jessica Shields, 630-636-2721, firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Requirements Kindergarten, 2nd & 5th
Completed physical exam/immunizations
Completed physical exam
Proof of one dose of Tdap
Completed 3 shot series of Hepatitis B
One dose of Meningococcal Vaccine given on or after 11th birthday
News from the Nurse's Office
Noted on the District 308 website: http://www.sd308.org/Page/17756
When should my student stay home from school?
Your child is too ill to go to school if he/she has any of the following symptoms:
· Vomiting and/or diarrhea in the past 24 hours
· Shortness of breath or wheezing (not controlled with an inhaler if they have asthma)
· A cough that interrupts his/her normal activity or wakes them, or other family members at night.
· An undiagnosed rash unless cleared by a physician’s note
· Drainage from the eye
· Severe sore throat
· Fever- If your child has a temperature of 100° (or higher) in the past 24 hours they cannot attend school. Children are to be fever-free for 24 hours, without the use of fever reducing medication, before returning to school.
· A contagious illness that is treated with antibiotics, such as strep throat or pink eye, and has not been taking the antibiotics for a full 24 hours before returning to school.
Aramark Positions Available
For details visithttp://www.sd308.org/Page/8234 or call Kate Kloet at 630-636-4611.