SHISD Mid-Week Message

Weekly Superintendent's Message for Spring Hill ISD

Welcome Back!

Panther Nation,


It is my honor and privilege to welcome you back to a new school year in Spring Hill ISD. We are looking forward to another great year in Panther Nation!


SHISD continues to move forward to fulfill our vision to be a premier school district focused on engaged learning and student success. We know that you expect us to complete our mission as the center of our community. Spring Hill ISD is committed to the fulfillment of each learner’s intellectual, creative and physical potential through the collaborative efforts of exceptional educators, dedicated parents and integrated rigorous instruction provided in a safe environment.


It is also my privilege to work with a supportive and financially responsible Board of Trustees. The Trustees approved a 19 million dollar budget that includes a 2% (from mid-point) pay raise for teachers. The budget consists of approximately 80% going to pay salaries for our team of 256 staff members in SHISD and the remaining 20% funds a multitude of items, such as utility bills and other day-to-day operations.


This summer SHISD made several improvements to our campuses and classrooms including:


  • New classroom flooring at the Primary, 3rd-grade, and 5th-grade buildings
  • Renovated restrooms for the L. L. Williamson Auditorium and 5th grade
  • New campus-wide lighting for safety and security
  • Parking lot improvements at the Primary, Intermediate, and Jr. High
  • Playground improvements at the Primary and Intermediate
  • New Life Skills classroom at the Jr. High
  • Culinary Arts improvements at the Jr. High
  • Replaced Primary HVAC in the gym



In addition to the construction upgrades, Spring Hill ISD also added 200 more student devices and added a $200,000 upgrade to the technology infrastructure to improve our digital learning capacity.


And, we’ve done all of this without a maintenance and operation tax increase for the past 5 years. Plus, we still honor the additional 15% homestead exemption for our community. Tax payers can also save up to an additional 3% if they pay taxes early.


This year we welcome 22 new teachers to the Spring Hill family, 4 of which are SHISD graduates!


It’s easy to get excited about a new school year, mostly due to the fact that we always know that our local community works in collaboration with SHISD to ensure healthy, happy and educated students. We are very proud that our community used the local control rating granted in the HB 5 Community and Student Engagement tool to rate our district and all 4 campuses “Exemplary”.


I also want to thank the many community organizations who step up each school year to help feed, clothe and educate the students, not just in our district, but all of Longview. Especially, the SH Education Foundation, which has donated over $440,000 to SHISD since its formation in 2007.


The best news of all is that SHISD has enrolled 350 new students in our district, 130 of which are kindergartners, and have a total enrollment (as of today) of 1963.


On behalf of our Board of Trustees and all of the faculty and staff of Spring Hill ISD, I say, “Thank you, and Welcome Back!” - Steve Snell, Superintendent of SHISD.

Elbert Malone Retirement

Elbert Malone retired this summer after 19 years in SHISD. Elbert is an amazing person and a master electrician. He is dearly missed and we wish him the best!

New Employee Orientation

This year SH welcomed 22 new teachers, 4 of which are SHISD graduates! The day was well organized and beneficial as the new employees learned about policies and procedures of SHISD and employee benefits. A big Thank You to ETPCU for providing lunch to the staff.

Early Registration

This year was the 2nd year Spring Hill ISD has had families register online. This was a very well organized event thanks to the hard work and dedication of Chenena Martin and the campus secretarial staff. This year was an even smoother process and the average time from start to finish was about 10 minutes. Students were given balloons and stickers and the PTA and booster clubs sold SH merchandise.

Intermediate Meet the Teacher

Intermediate Staff Development

The intermediate teachers were trained in the Kagan cooperative learning instructional strategies. They are having fun on a Friday!

Karen Wright Finishes Leadership TASB!

Big image
Big image

Have you Downloaded the New Spring Hill App???

Download the new app today to stay in touch with all that is going on at Spring Hill ISD!

Big image
Big image