August 5, 2022 Edition
Miller Career and Technology students and parents,
The first day of school in Katy ISD is quickly approaching, and the staff members at Miller Career and Technology Center are looking forward to welcoming all our new and returning students!
Our mission statement at Miller is to develop college- and career-ready students through engaging, real-world experiences. Our teachers are working hard and planning lessons and activities to deliver on that mission. We strive to live up to our campus core values, exhibiting EPIC² qualities:
Once again, we look forward to seeing you soon! Please read below for important back-to-school information.
Accessing Your Class Schedule
Course Fees Active
Transportation Information - How to Get to and from Miller
- Students may take District-provided bus transportation (Specific route information to be shared in future Miller Memo.)
- Students may drive themselves to and from Miller (See Parking Permit Information below.)
- Students may be dropped off and picked up (see locations below).
MCTC Parking Permit Purchase for Student Drivers
To obtain a Parking Permit please have the following ready-to-go:
- A photo of your driver’s license ready for upload.
- A photo or PDF of your vehicle insurance ready for upload.
- Submit the $10.00 permit fee through Pay N’Go.
- Complete the MCTC Parking Permit request or use QR Code
- The Confirmation Number received through Pay N’Go is required on the Google form
Click on the link below to view the MCTC Traffic Patterns Map, which shows where students will park and what path students will take to exit the parking lot at dismissal.
Student Parking Permit Pick-up
Students who have already paid the $10.00 parking permit fee through Pay N’ Go and have completed the Google form will be able to pick up their parking permits from the MCTC Front Office reception desk on the following dates and times:
- Wednesday, August 10th from 9:00 -11:00 AM and 1:00 - 3:00 PM
- Monday, August 15th from 1:00 -3:00 PM
Students who are unable to pick up their parking permits on these days will be able to pick them up the first week of school while at Miller.
Student Drop-off and Pick-up
Student Pick-up in the morning (after 3rd period or after 4th period) and at the end of the day (after 7th period) is located behind MCTC (on the south side). Enter the pick-up line through the Shaw Center parking lot and line up. There is no pick-up in front of the school. It is unsafe to pick-up students in the street. Please follow the traffic pattern procedures as detailed in the MCTC Traffic Patterns Map below (teal arrows = Pick-up). Staff members will be out to direct you.
Katy ISD Technology Parent Webinars
- MyKaty Cloud
- Digital Textbooks
- Usernames & Passwords
- Technology Family Website
- Technology Help
- Home Access Center
Dates and Links for the Webinar:
- Wednesday, August 3, 20221:00 PM https://katyisd-org.zoom.us/j/85412209011
- Friday, August 5, 20229:00 AM https://katyisd-org.zoom.us/j/89050144465
- Thursday, August 11, 20226:30PM https://katyisd-org.zoom.us/j/82859402789
The webinar is limited to 1,000 attendees. In the event parents are unable to connect or attend one of the sessions, a recording of the webinar will be made available on the Technology website.