CSMA February 2021 News!
A brief newsletter to share big news!
The winter weather has provided it's challenges the last few weeks but I am grateful we are able to stay connected through our virtual platform to continue to provide instruction and to keep moving forward. I want to take a moment to thank all of you for your support and partnership. This year has had it's challenges but with families like ours at CSMA we have seen progress and continue to keep everyone healthy and well while in school. The students and staff at CSMA are doing an amazing job following the guidelines so we can keep our doors open.
Please remember, if you have been exposed to COVID-19, or someone in your household tests positive, there are quarantine guidelines that must be followed. Please contact the office to report a COVID case/exposure. If you have questions, or need guidance, please contact Nurse Teri (203-275-4256) or Nurse Bristhole (203-275-4204).
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call us at either CSMA locations:
Beechwood Campus: 203-275-4250
Linwood Campus: 203-275-4200
Yours in partnership,
Black History Month
We will be celebrating Black History Month in many different ways throughout each building, in our classrooms, and during morning announcements.
Each morning we will share from a book that takes a bold journey through the alphabet of Black History and culture. We will read it during morning announcements, and for those that are remote learning, we will also share via email and Kaizala.
If you haven't signed up for our school-wide Kaizala page, please click link: CSMA Kaizala
Dates to Remember
February 8th - Middle School Extended Day Begins
February 10th - Marking Period 2 Report Cards Emailed
February 11th - Virtual Awards Shared for Marking Period 2
February 12th - February 15th - NO SCHOOL: PRESIDENT'S DAY WEEKEND
WEDNESDAYS are remote for all K-8 scholars with dismissal at 11:30am
Snow Delays and Closures
2 HOUR DELAY - Doors open at 10:40am
Breakfast will not be served on delay days
Health and Wellness Announcement
- Please check your child/children for symptoms of illness daily.
- If your child is feeling sick or has been in contact with a COVID-19 positive individual STAY HOME. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL IF THEY WERE IN CONTACT WITH A POSITIVE INDIVIDUAL. YOUR CHILD MUST QUARANTINE FOR 14 DAYS.
- Please continue to report COVID-19 cases to the school during virtual learning.
- Contact Mrs. Davis and Nurse Bristhole/Nurse Teri with any health related questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Remote Learning Reminders
- Get up and get ready for school daily. Have your child find a place where they can sit up and focus on their classwork.
- Cameras should be ON at all times for attendance to count.
- Be actively present! Students should keep the camera on, open assignments during class, and contribute when called on or use the chat.
- TEAMS calls are for students only. If you have classroom questions or concerns, please call the main office or email the teacher.
- Attendance counts! All students should be attending classes daily.
- Devices are for academics only and should not be used for personal use outside of class time and homework. Students should not be creating chats or meetings that are not related to school work.
2021-2022 Lottery is Now Open!
All PreK families MUST submit an application to be entered into the lottery, acceptance is not guaranteed.
Siblings will automatically be accepted to Kindergarten but must complete online application with sibling information included. 1st - 8th grade siblings will be brought to the top of the waiting list, please include sibling information in your application. 4th -8th grade applicants must meet academic, behavior, and attendance requirements.
Contact Mrs. Jorge
Contact Mrs. Davis or Mrs. Peloso-Ulreich
Contact Ms. Rosa