Science 8 Newsletter
Hicksville Middle School
A Snowy Week Update
I hope this email finds you well and your student having enjoyed the day playing in the snow and staying warm! Below you will find that I have listed currently assigned work that students have for completion and the expected due date, in addition to assignments that have been planned and will occur dependent on the weather.
Snow Season Reminder: As evidenced today, the month of January is often interrupted by snow days and delays, as such, it is important that your student check their email frequently for assignment updates and bring their science notebook home each night in order to complete assigned work.
Grades for this week?
- Correlation Practice Homework: On Monday (1/11), students received a practice question related to the day's notes. This question should have been completed for today (Tuesday), but will be checked at the start of our next class for notebook points.
- Relative Age Design Project: This project was assigned on Monday (1/11) and is due on Friday (1/15). This assignment will be graded and entered into PowerSchool as a project grade.
- Correlation Lab: This lab will be completed on Wednesday (1/13), with the analysis questions due on Friday (1/15) for notebook points.
- Class Dojo Grade: As Quarter 2 ends on Friday (1/15), the quarterly Class Dojo homework grade will be entered into PowerSchool. Please encourage your student to participate consistently these last few class periods and arrive to class with all needed materials and homework complete.
- Notebook Grade: Notebook points earned during the second half of the quarter will be added to PowerSchool as a homework grade on Friday (1/15).
Anticipated Assignment: Date assigned and due date are estimates, with changes likely.
- Correlation Quiz: A quiz over the week's notes is expected on Friday (1/15). This quiz is directly related to the homework assignment due today (Tuesday) and the lab to be completed on Wednesday (1/13).
What have we been up to?
Student performance is tracked daily using the Class Dojo app. Access your student's profile to view his or her daily or weekly class performance by clicking on the button above.
This website features flashcards and games to help your student study unit vocabulary in preparation for quizzes and tests. Click the button above to visit the website.