Austin High School
Black Bear News -- May 2 - May 8
Updated Prom Ticket Information
The lead-out deadline has been extended to Monday, May 3rd as well as tickets being sold for $40 for one or $75 couples. THIS IS MONDAY ONLY!!
- AFTER Monday, no leadout tickets will be sold!!
- PROM ticket prices will increase Tuesday, May 4th for $50 for one and $90 for couples.
- ALL outside guest forms are due Monday, May 3rd!
- Last day to buy prom tickets is May 6th!
- Please see or email email@example.com in Room A124 for more information.
Congratulations to our Symphonic and Concert Bands
This marks the 55th consecutive year that the Symphonic Band has achieved a Superior rating at the Alabama State Band Assessment.
AHS Academic Booster Awards Information
Here is the link:
Senior Elementary Walk Information
Please click on the link to view information about the AHS Elementary Senior Walk:
Calhoun Computer Information Systems Camp
- Calhoun’s Computer Information Systems department is pleased to announce that it will host two one-week cybersecurity camps, running July 19-23 and July 26-30, at the Decatur Campus.
- The camps will run from 9am to 2pm Monday-Friday of each week, with lunch provided and a registration fee of only $10. Rising 10th, 11h, and 12th graders are eligible. One camp per student.
- Register here https://calhoun.edu/events/cybersecurity-camp-beating-the-bad-guys/.
Calhoun On Campus for Seniors
- Calhoun will be on campus Tuesday, May 4th (in the library) to assist with applications, FAFSA, registration or submitting an application. T-shirts and yard signs will be given away as well.
- Please complete the form sent by Ms. C. Jackson to choose a time.
Summer Camp Opportunity for Juniors
- The Adkerson School of Accountancy at Mississippi State University is having a summer camp (ASAP -Accelerating Students into the Accounting Profession), for rising seniors interested in accounting or business.
- ASAP is a four-day/three-night interactive camp. Students that have made a 24 or higher on their ACT and are interested in Accounting and/or Business careers are encouraged to apply. Activities will include sessions on college life and all things MSU.
- Students will meet industry professionals and tour a firm to obtain a firsthand look at the many accounting services. The cost of ASAP camp is $100. This will cover room & board, meals, field trips and workshop supplies. ASAP camp will be held July 11-14, 2021.
- More information and the application can be found at https://www.business.msstate.edu/ and search for ASAP.
Sports for this week
- May 4 & 5 - Softball Area Tournament @ Bob Jones
Click on this link for the most updated schedule. Due to Covid-19, schedules may change and this schedule will be updated when changes occur.