Tech Tips #3.06
Week of September 28, 2015
Importing into ActivInspire
You can import existing PDFs and PowerPoint files from your computer or the Shared Drive to use and edit in Promethean ActivInspire.
- Lock the PDF object so it does not move (right-click the page, and choose Lock).
- Zoom with the Zoom box in the upper-right corner of the screen, NOT by changing the image size.
Import a PowerPoint into ActivInspire
If you receive an error message when importing a PowerPoint file, try one of these Promethean suggested workarounds:
- Rename the PowerPoint file to something shorter and resave (such as test.ppt rather than test document 23.ppt)
- Remove spaces from the PowerPoint file name.
- Try saving the PowerPoint file to your desktop or a USB drive.
- Copy all slides within a PowerPoint file and paste them into a new PowerPoint file, resave.