Team 9 Update
May 15 , 2020
Having Technology Issues?? Call 785-717-4357 to reach the Help Desk! (717-HELP)
End of Year Updates
End of Year Celebrations: We will still have Digital Celebrations for Night of the Stars, Solid Gold, and 8th grade Farewell sometime after June 1st. Check your emails and our Facebook page for updates.
Yearbooks: Yearbooks have not been delivered to the building yet. Thank you for your patience. Building administrators will contact you all with a plan for distribution once they have received the books. Check your emails and the JCMS Facebook for updates.
Picking up Materials: If your student left items in the building, contact their CAT time teacher ASAP to make a plan to pick items up.
Enrollment: Make sure to enroll your children for next year! http://www.usd475.org/online-enrollment/
Food Service: Meals will still be provided at the sites listed below until June 30th. http://www.usd475.org/2020/05/11/usd-475-summer-food-service-updates/
Grades: All assignments should be turned in by May 21st.
Nurses Note: Vaccination & Community Health Resource Information can be found here.
MEAL SERVICE UPDATE
The following locations are available for grab and go lunches for children through June 30th.
11:30 AM – 12:30 PM Monday - Friday
- Early Childhood Center – 1803 Elmdale Ave
- H.D. Karns Building – 300 W 9th (Parking lot in back)
- Grandview Elementary – 109 E Grandview (Grandview Plaza)
- Milford Elementary – 402 12th St (Milford)
- Seitz Elementary – 27500 Rifle Range Rd (Fort Riley)
- Sheridan Elementary – 429 W Ash
- Spring Valley Elementary – 1601 Hickory Ln
- Washington Elementary – 1500 N Washington
- Westwood Elementary – 1600 N Eisenhower
Meals are free for ALL children age 1-18. Children receive a lunch and a breakfast for the next day. Children must be present to receive the meals.
United Way of JC-GC also provides family meal kits which are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
End of Year Check Out for PK-8th
Pre-K through 8th grade students
Students returning for 2020-21: Pre-K through 8th grade students
If the PK-8th grade student is planning to return to USD 475, all District materials may be kept over the summer and returned at the beginning of the 2020-21 school year. Materials will be returned to the school of record for the 2020-21 school year.
Students not returning for 2020-21: Pre-K through 8th grade students
Any PK-8th grade student who does not plan on attending any USD 475 school for the 2020-21 school year shall return all USD 475 materials. If the PK-8th grade student does not plan to return to USD 475 for the 2020-21 school year, please return the District materials to:
Larry Dixon Center
920 W. 6th St
Junction City, KS 66441
Drop off dates and times are Monday through Friday from 8 am to 3:30 pm starting on May 11, 2020. Please ensure that the student has completed assignments.
Materials would be all USD 475 property which may include but are not limited to:
Computers, hotspots, chargers, computer cases
Textbooks or library books
Uniforms or band equipment
Other materials from the District
Team 9 Core Classes
The last week of school is here! How is that possible?!? I cannot tell you how extremely proud I am of Team 9 students for persevering through adversity in this last grading term. You all have amazed me, and I couldn't have asked for a better group of students to experience this strange time with. Seeing you all and being able to talk to you through our live sessions definitely reminded me that we're all in this together.
I will not be assigning any new lessons, activities, or assignments this week! Please use this week to get caught up on your missing work for Language Arts. I update grades in Skyward every evening, so any missing assignments you see in Skyward are still missing. Feel free to contact me while you're getting caught up--I'm always happy to help!
I look forward to our last live class meetings this week. We'll have some fun and talk about our plans for the future. You all have so much potential and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for you!
Love you all,
This is it, folks! No new assignments this week. Use your time to catch up. All work due May 21st.
I am going to miss each and every one of you so very much! Once you are my student, you are always my student! Let me know if you need help with anything, even when you are in high school. I am just an email away!
US History - Trenary
Team 9 Family!
WELCOME BACK VIDEO
I have been feeling many of the same feelings you have felt over these past few weeks:
worry, sadness, confusion, and of course, hope.
I genuinely miss all of you and wish we could be back to normal, but we will try to find a new normal together.
We are living through History right now. It is more than a little bit scary, things are very different, and everything is changing so quickly that it is hard to know what will come next. It is so important to be there for your family and to be kind and loving to them. Just like all of the families on this team, as a parent I have my 3 sons home with me and we are trying to make the best of it.
As we start a new routine with online learning, we will take it slow and the first week we will start a new project that I want to be meaningful and personal and that is taking time to write and journal about the history that we are now a part of. We know the thoughts, feelings, and daily lives of so many throughout the past because they chose to write it down and record what was going on, particularly in difficult times.
Just like many people in the past, we don't always get to choose or control events that we are put in to, but we can rise to the challenge. I am here to help and support you as we try to figure out this new chapter in history.
I will see you online soon!
Keep checking your emails frequently for information. This week we will be continuing in our Genetics Lesson. Because Genetics in general is a much more complex topic and is challenging enough in the classroom, it is important for students to do the lessons as well as the graded assignments. That being said, it is not my intention to overwhelm students. If your student is feeling so, please communicate with me sooner rather than later, so I can help!
Due to online learning, our Human Health and Sexuality unit has been modified. We will be going over the following topics:
- Substance abuse - alcohol and other drugs
- Skin Safety
- Infectious Diseases - how they spread
- Non-Infectious Diseases - not all diseases are contagious
- Consent Laws and where to find them
Again, if students are looking for something else to do, they can always write me a letter and send it via snail mail! I PROMISE to reply to every letter I receive! The address to send it to would be:
3204 Claflin Rd,
Manhattan, KS 66503
I miss each and every one of your smiling faces, I look forward to seeing you all again soon!
Haga clic aquí para ver las instrucciones en video para la traducción en Schoology
Traducción de Schoology, segunda parte/ Schoology Translation Part Two
Traducción de Schoology, segunda parte
Instrucciones para traducir TODAS las páginas/documentos/recursos de Schoology
1. Abra Chrome en su computadora.
2. En la esquina superior derecha, haga clic en los tres puntos verticales al lado del icono de persona.
3. En el menú desplegable, seleccione SETTINGS (AJUSTES).
4. Desplácese hasta la parte inferior de la página y haga clic en Advanced (Avanzado).
5. En el cuadro de Language (idioma), haga clic en la flecha desplegable (a la derecha) y haga clic en ADD LANGUAGES (AGREGAR IDIOMAS) que está en negrita.
6. Seleccione de la lista de idiomas y agregue (add).
7. Una vez que aparezca el idioma, haga clic en los tres puntos verticales a la derecha. Aparecerá un mensaje en un cuadro. Seleccione DISPLAY GOOGLE CHROME IN THIS LANGUAGE (seleccionar Google Chrome en este idioma).
8. Aparecerá un cuadro de RELAUNCH (REINICIAR). Haga clic en eso.
9. Luego, todo lo que se abra en Chrome estará en español, incluido Schoology.
Schoology Translation Part Two
Instructions for Translating ALL Schoology pages/documents/resources
1. Open Chrome on your computer.
2. At the top right corner, click the three vertical dots next to the person icon.
3. From the drop down menu, select SETTINGS.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Advanced.
5. In the language box, click the drop arrow (to the right) and click on ADD LANGUAGES which is in bold type.
6. Select from the list of languages and add.
7. Once the language appears, click on the three vertical dots to the right. You will get a message box. Select DISPLAY GOOGLE CHROME IN THE LANGAUGE.
8. A RELAUNCH box will appear. Click on that.
9. Then anything opened in Chrome will be in Spanish, including Schoology.