Sand Ridge Elementary School
Striving for Excellence Everyday
Shark Bite 2.5
Hello Shark Families!
January came to a close this past week. Students participated in the CandyMan game truck on Monday, Report Cards came home on Tuesday. Students participated in the 2nd 9 weeks awards ceremony on Friday and Sand Ridge students attended the High School Basketball game on Friday evening.
This week will be the Soup-er Bowl on Tuesday, and an Early Release Professional Development day on Thursday. Student dismissal will begin at 12:10. The week ends with several SRE students participating in All County Chorus on Saturday. This week is also School Counselor Week. Be sure to let our school counselor ,Mrs. Burney (firstname.lastname@example.org), know how much we appreciate her.
SRE's annual SOUPerbowl is this Tuesday, February 7th from 5:30-7:00. The event is hosted by the Sand Ridge Odyssey of the Mind Team. Donations are accepted during the event. All donations will be split between the Odyssey of the Mind team and our local soup kitchen. Staff will cook soups and the school community will judge the soups.
Get your Yearbook now! Orders are due by March 1st. They are $20 and $25 if you get it personalized. Visit this site to order! https://tinyurl.com/rrpduxbr
Don't forget the February Reading Challenge! Students are challenged to read 10 books of various topics and genres! Bring it completed to the library by the end of the month to get a prize! Copies of the challenge are in the library.
Mark your calendar for Family Game Night, Thursday, March 2nd. See the flyer below for more information.
National Career Week is the week of March 6th. We are looking for volunteers to share their career with students. Click on the flyer below to volunteer.
I can't wait to see everyone on Monday!
Sign up for Parent Portal to stay on top of grades and attendance!
All parents are encouraged to sign up for Parent Portal. You can monitor attendance within the Portal and you can see your child's grades, assignments & due dates for students in grades 3-5. Click this link to sign up: https://onslow.powerschool.com/public/. You can contact the data manager Patty Cole at Patty.Cole@onslow.k12.nc.us to help with this process. She can look up your child's ID number when you email her the completed form and copy of your ID.
Communication is Critical!
1. The teacher is always the first point of contact. If you cannot resolve an issue after meeting with the teacher, please schedule an appointment to meet with administration.
2. See our data manager (Patty Cole) to sign up for Parent Portal. This gives you up to date info on student attendance and assignments.
3. Pay attention to the weekly ALL CALL and EMAIL that is sent out every Sunday evening. If you are not receiving the call and email, please let Patty Cole (email@example.com) know so that we can make sure your info. is up to date. This is the method that we will use to communicate with parents in the event of an emergency, so you need to make sure that you are receiving these calls.
4. Check out our school website: https://www.onslow.k12.nc.us/sandridgees
5. Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Sand.Ridge.Elementary
6. If there are custody issues, we must have a copy of the current custody paperwork on file with a judge's signature. If not, both parents have equal access to the student and their educational records.
7. If you have concerns regarding bus routes, stops, schedules and drivers, please direct those concerns to our transportation coordinator Barbie Massey at 326-1436. SRES does not have direct communication with the buses; therefore, this must go through the transportation dept. Please remember if you would like to stay up to date with bus changes and delays, please download the Edulog Parent Portal App. More info can be found here:https://www.onslow.k12.nc.us/Page/1266
Box Tops for Education
Are you looking for a quick and easy way to support our school? Box Tops for Education has been around for over 25 years, and it really can make a difference. In fact, the Box Tops program has helped give almost one billion dollars to schools since 1996.
The Box Tops app gives participants the ability to earn for any school across the country with just the touch of a button. HERE’S HOW IT WORKS: Buy participating products and use the Box Tops app to scan your store receipt. The app identifies eligible products and earnings are credited to your designated school online. Even if you’re shopping online or doing grocery pickup, you can still submit your digital or email receipt with the Box Tops app and earn. Twice a year, our school gets a check!
See a list of participating products at BTFE.COM/PRODUCTS Box Tops earnings really add up, and the more people that participate, the bigger the impact we can make. Together, we can help make a big difference.
2/6-2/10: School Counselor Week
2/7 Souper Bowl Night – 5:30-6:30
2/9: Early Release Professional Development (12:10)
2/10-2/11: All County Elementary Chorus
2/15: SPT Meeting
2/20: Optional Teacher Workday
2/21: Battle of the Books Competition (SWHS)
2/24: Progress Reports
2/25: Odyssey of the Mind Competition (Queens Creek Elementary, Swansboro)
3/2: Title 1 Family Game Night
3/6-3/10: School Social Worker Week
3/10: Optional Teacher Workday
3/6-3/10: Parent/Teacher Conference Week
3/14: Spring Picture Day
3/15: Elementary Geography Bee (Eastern Regional Skills Center)
3/15: SPT Meeting
3/21: Elementary Spelling Bee (Eastern Regional Skills Center)
3/22: Early Release Professional Development (12:10)
3/28: Multiplication Bee (Blue Creek Elementary)
3/29: End of 3rd Grading Period
4/3-4/7: Assistant Principals Week
4/3-4/7: No School, Holiday
4/4: Media Specialist Day
4/10: Optional Teacher Workday
4/13: Report Cards
4/14: 3rd Quarter Awards
4/17-4/21: Volunteer Appreciation Week
4/17-4/21: Spring Book Fair
4/19: SPT Meeting
4/20: 4th and 5th Chess Tournament (JCE)
4/21: 2nd and 3rd Chess Tournament (JCE)
4/24-4/28: Administrative Professionals Week
4/24-5/5: Apex Fun Run Fundraiser
4/26: Administrative Professional’s Day
4/27: Math Counts (CEEM)
5/1-5/5: Teacher/TA/Bus Driver Appreciation Week
5/1: Optional Teacher Workday
5/1: School Principal Day
5/2: National Teacher Appreciation Day
5/5: School Lunch Hero Day
5/9: Progress Reports
5/10: School Nurse Day
5/11: Team Leader Meeting
5/17: SPT Meeting
5/18: K-2 Field Day
5/19: 3-5 Field Day
5/23: Step Up Night
5/25: Team Leader Meeting
5/26: NCExtend 1 Opens
5/29: No School, Holiday
5/31: 3rd Grade ELA EOG
5/31: 5th Grade Science EOG
6/6: 4th and 5th Grade ELA EOG
6/6: 3rd Grade RTA
6/8: 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade Math EOG
6/8: Kindergarten Graduation
6/9: 5th Grade Competition Ceremony
Swansboro Middle School
Location: 868 Sand Ridge Road, Hubert, NC, 28539