Monday Morning Message
September 21, 2015
On the Road to Success
- Please make sure you have begun teaching your Digital Curriculum lessons
- Just a reminder that I had asked teachers to conduct 2 classroom circles before our contractual staff meeting
- We are not using bands this week. Please check with each of your students to make sure they know what bus they ride or if they are a parent pick-up. Thank you!
- If you have not donated to the Brandon Carr scholarship fund, it is still open for donations.
- Please email me any students you would like to progress monitor
- If you have a student in Ms. Adams room, please plan on meeting with her on September 24th during your planning.
I Need Your Help!!
- Snapshots of Dillon Elementary happen consistently throughout the day. What impression do we want to show our visitors? We have visitors from the ad building, volunteers, and parents around at most times. The hallway is not a place to yell at kids. I understand that the behavior needs to be addressed. However, the volume and tone that I sometimes hear gives visitors a lasting impression. The behavior you need to address is between you and the student, not the entire building. Will a child feel valued by you if you don't maintain their dignity in front of others? This year, I want us ALL to not address children in a negative way in the hallways. Thank you.
Dates to Know...
Contractual Staff Meeting
September 24 - 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Dolch Word Assessment Due
Central Church of the Nazarene Clean Up Day
September 26 - 8:45 am until 12:00 pm
If you want to come help, I can check into counting it as an event worked.
Professional Growth Forms Due
Happy Birthday to...
- Lynda Stoyek on the 3rd
- Lisa Charmoli on the 11th
- Grandma Joyce on the 15th
- Ted de Wolff on the 15th
- Susan Nugent on the 20th