Fifth Grade News
Mrs. Getchman ~ January 11, 2018
- Describe the events of Pentecost
- Infer and predict to draw conclusions and make generalizations
- Understand Greek and Latin roots
- Use correlative conjunctions
- Apply relationships between fractions, mixed numbers and division expressions
- Express fractions, division expressions and mixed numbers as decimals
- Simulate the challenges faced by the first English settlers.
- Compare and contrast three English settlements.
Ask your child to describe the events of Pentecost.
Final numbers from the wreath sales and chaperones announced soon.
Happy New Year!
May 2018 bring you peace and happiness.
- Tomorrow - All School Mass
- Tomorrow - Spelling test #12
- Tomorrow - Social Studies test ch. 6
- January 15 - No School - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- January 25 - Come Holy Spirit prayer test
- January 26 - Passport Check
- January 28 - February 2 - Catholic Schools' Week
- January 31 - Out of book for Shakespeare (memorized)
Be kinder than is necessary.
Greetings from the Happy Room!
Students have been working very hard to keep up with the increased demands of school and homework. Good time management is essential in order to keep from needing to "cram" at the last minute. Please continue to watch Power School for missing work, especially if you have been absent.
As we finalize our wreath sales numbers, we are also looking at who will chaperone our trip to Ashland. We have plenty of dads, but are short on moms. If you are the mom of a daughter and would like to accompany us, please send me an email as soon as possible. We will be sending out a detailed letter about the trip soon. In the meantime, mark June 12-15 on your calendars.
We have created a prayer box for Father Jim where students and families can write prayers for Father Jim. It is located by the Mary statue near the office. We will deliver to Father Jim weekly. He has asked for prayers for the intercession of Blessed Georgio Frassati and Saint John Paul II.
Fifth grade. . . a very happy place to be!