1678-1741 Created By: Maya Pollack
Antonio Vivaldi was born in Venice, Italy on March 4, 1678. Throughout his childhood, his father, Giovanni Battista Vivaldi, taught him to play violin, as he was a violinist. When he was thriving as a violinist, he struggled with "the tightening of the chest," asthma, but that did not stop him from pursing his career. At the age of 15, Vivaldi started studying to become a priest. He became a priest, and was known as "il Prete Rosso" or "the Red Priest." His career as a priest did not last for long.
Map of Italy
The Four Seasons-Spring
Vivaldi's Known Music
The Four Seasons: Summer, Spring, Autumn, and Winter
La Constanza Trionfante
He also composed cantatas, which were choral compositions:
Gloria e Imeneo
- L'eestro Armonico
- La Starvaganza
- Le Quattro Stagione
- La Cetra
- "Antonio Vivaldi." Monkeyshines (On Music and Great Musicians). 1996: 52. SIRS
Discoverer. Web. 22 Sep. 2015.
- Antonio Vivaldi Biography. Priest, Educator, Composer (1678–1741). Biography.com
Editors. The Biography.com website. A&E Television Networks. Web. 22
- Antonio Vivaldi (1678-1741). Fine Art. Encyclopædia Britannica ImageQuest. Web.
29 Apr 2016.
- "[Classical Music - Royalty Free] The Four Seasons (Vivaldi) Spring Mvt 2
Largo." youtube.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 2 May 2016.
- Italy, Venice, Map of Bologna in 1600, engraving from Theatrum Civitatum et
Admirandorum Italiae by Jean Blaeu, Amsterdam, 1663.
Photopgraphy.Encyclopædia Britannica ImageQuest. Web. 2 May 2016.
- Antonio Vivaldi - Themes.. Photograph. Encyclopædia Britannica ImageQuest. Web.
4 May 2016.