Newsletter Term 1 Week 3
Patumahoe School 15 February 2023
FROM THE PRINCIPALS DESK
I am sure that like me many of you have spent much of the last 4 days wondering "What next?" As we see the trail of devastation that Cyclone Gabrielle has left across the Motu. Gabrielle has certainly reminded us of the power of mother nature. Our hearts go out to those affected by both Cyclone Gabrielle and the flooding of 2 weeks ago.
Once again I thank you all for your support and patience as we navigated the impacts of this extreme weather. To our awesome team of teachers who responded so quickly to the changes and were ready to reach out to families and students on Monday via zoom or seesaw - thank you! Thanks also to the awesome people in our local community, Paul McDowell from Form Edge, Ivan Nortje, Jono Ruddell and Lance Kimpton who stepped up to help yesterday to ensure we could open safely today.
It is great to have our akonga back with us today and we look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at our whanau picnic next Thursday evening.
Poetry from Room 5
I am Jojo
I like art
I feel happy when it is sunny
I feel sad when I have no friends
I wish I could have a bunny
I am Bayley
I like playing games
I feel happy when I play snakes and ladders
I feel sad when I get told off
I wish I could fly
I am William
I feel happy when I am at school
I feel nervous when I go rock climbing
I wish I was a super hero
I am Chloe
I like snuggling with my teddy
I feel happy when I do this
I feel sad when I miss my mum
I wish Sophie was in my class
Choice As Humans of Patumahoe
Because funding has been cut from the Pelorus Trust for our school, and because of the issues some of our families have with having gone through covid and also more recently the devastating floods, our school has decided to try a new initiative to support families who might be struggling to come up with camp fees this year.
We thought that there might be one or two families out there who would sponsor our vulnerable children the entire bill to go to camp.
We asked and once again our community responded. I tell you what, this community amazes me. Our community has once again responded to the call and I am very proud to say that we have had 22 sponsors! From families who are fortunate and who have been prepared to give back to families who are less so.
In reality we are all ‘choice as humans of Patumahoe’ and I know that we have all been looking out for one another recently. As promised, we are fully prepared to promote these humans in this newsletter and also at Friday assemblies. If you wish to be added to the list then please fill out the form that your child brought home and return it to school or simply phone the office.
Thanks Patumahoe. We really live in an amazing community.
- Emily and Gary Starnes - On-site Diesel Servicing
- Andrew Campbell - Countryside Homes LTD
- Di Bruce - Raspberry Lane Baby & Children's Boutique
- Nikki McIlvenny
- Mike Faulkner - Bakers Delight Pukekohe
- Hans & Sandy Van Leishout
- Vimal & Anita Patel - Patumahoe Four Square
- Cal & Brooke Nash - Good Kitchens Ltd
- Troydon Contractors
- Debbie & Neil McCarthy - Circle Line Engineering
- Maxwell Moore - Moore Farrier Services LTD
- Jeremy Lamb & Sascha Wells - Waiuku New World
- Richard & Angela Moorcroft
- Craig Harkness - CH Construction
- Anne & Ash Patel
- Joel & Liesl Holmes
- Danica & Phil Mohan - ACSL Group
- Amanda & Sean Lyons
- Mon & Vaun Cooksley
- John & Suzie Cochrane
- Marj Langit
- Wawatai Whanau - KW Fitness Ltd
- Bardsley & Briggs Family - Bardsley Flooring Ltd
- 23rd February - Whanau Evening 5:00p.m.
- 10th March - School swimming sports
- 15th March - Group swimming sports
- 23rd March - Zone swimming sports
- 03rd - 05th April - Ngaruawahia Year 3-6 Camp
- 06th April - Last day Term 1
- 24th April - Teacher Only Day - no school
- 25th April - Anzac Day - no school
- 26th April - First day Term 2
- 16th September - Calf Club Day - Lock it in now!