August 26, 2018
Is car line taking too long in the morning? Here are some things you can do to help it move faster!
- Once you are on school campus and stopped in the car line traffic, have your children do the following: unbuckle, put on their backpack, gather their lunchbox, water bottle, jacket, etc.
- Give kisses and say goodbye before you pass the middle school so the kids are ready to exit your vehicle.
- If you believe your car is “missed” by the car line helpers, please roll your window down and wave your arm to indicate your child is still inside.
For AM and PM Car line:
- Please do NOT get out of your car.
- Please DO put your car in park when your child is getting out of the car and others are walking around your vehicle.
PM Car Line (K-2 in the front only)
Starting on Monday, we will have Safety Patrols helping load students into the cars closest to the curb.
Thank you so much for your help!
Seeking Your Feedback
Sunshine State Young Readers Award Reading Programs
SSYRA optional reading incentive program is for students in grades 3,4 and 5. Each year 15 new chapter books are nominated by the Florida Association of Media in Education. The SSYRA JR optional reading incentive program is for students in Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade. This program includes 10 picture books and 5 beginning chapter books. Families can read the books together. After a student takes an AR test and gets 70% or higher, students will receive a brag tag for each book read. Kindergarten students will start taking AR tests later in the year. Until Kindergarten students are taking AR tests, parents may send in notes to the teacher indicating that the book was read.
Six books are required to attend the SSYRA & SSYRA JR Election party, April 12th, 2019, where students will get to select their favorite book, along with other students across the state of Florida. The deadline for reading and testing for a prize is March 14th.
OES Curriculum Nights
2nd: 8/28 5:00-6:00 pm
4th: 8/30 5:00-6:00 pm
5th: 8/30 6:00-7:00 pm
K: 9/5 6:00-7:00 pm