December 17th Pony News
Building a Brighter Future!
KNOWING OUR NEW CREW
Stephanie Heim 2nd Grade Dual
Hello Pony Family! It is such a pleasure to be working with an amazing group of people that are all in for the kiddos! This is my first year as a teacher & I’m loving every second of it! I knew I wanted to be a teacher ever since elementary school—I love hanging out with kids, I think they are the coolest people around. I was born & raised in Texas & grew up in LISD, so I feel blessed to work in this district!
I recently graduated from Texas State University in December 2017 & took a long-term substitute job right after at College Street Elementary in a 4th grade class for the whole spring semester where I fell more in love with teaching.
I come from a great family who lives for Jesus! You might see my mom helping me in my classroom or my dad bringing me lunch every now & then. I am the oldest of three—my brother, Eric, is 20 graduating from the University of Texas at Arlington this May & my sister, Savannah, is 18 graduating from Marcus High School in May as well. She will be attending Stephen F. Austin… needless to say, I am a proud sister. I’m also a proud mama of my kitty love, Maleficent & my two dogs, Melisa & Maggie.
I hope to travel the world. I have traveled to New Mexico, Tennessee, New York, & Colorado. Also, I have been to Honduras three times & India on mission trips. I love to learn about other cultures & to take adventures. In my free time, you can find me hanging out with my friends, at the movies, working out with Camp Gladiator (the best fitness group ever!) or cuddled on the couch with my fur babies!
-I LOVE Christmas. It’s my favorite time of year!
-I have been in a hot air balloon at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta.
-I have been attending Valley Creek Church for about 14 years. They are my second family.
-My favorite flowers are sunflowers.
-I was a server during college and I would hold all my trays with my left hand, even though I am right handed.
-I was born and raised a Dallas Cowboys fan.
-I survived the San Marcos flood of 2015. I drove to work with water sloshing around in my car.
-My dream is to own land with cows, chickens, goats, pigs, and horses!
-All my life my family thought we were Mexican, but thanks to DNA testing and my aunt being curious, we found out that we are actually Native American and not Mexican.
I am excited to continue to make memories with y’all this year and upcoming years!
Let's Finish Strong...
Please take some time to review procedures and expectations with your students. If you are doing anything differently than your regular routines, help everyone by reviewing and practicing expectations so students can be successful. For example, if you are doing rotations among classes, what are the specific expectations? Are your expectations the same as those of the teacher next door? What attention getting signals will your fellow teachers be using? The extra minute or two that you take to teach (or re-teach) "Ponies...Rock" or "Class, class...Yes, yes," may actually save several minutes of instructional time.
Some of our Ponies are excited for the holiday break, but some are anxious. DID YOU KNOW THAT 82% OF OUR PONIES ARE CONSIDERED ECONOMICALLY DISADVANTAGED?
It is important to add as much positive reinforcement as we can during these next four days. Continue implementing Restorative Practices, Circles, 2 Minute Connections, 90 Second Sparks, etc.
Let's finish strong!
Ethics Video #5
Please review the following plan for classroom teachers, special education teachers, and Specials teachers to watch Ethics Video #5 beginning promptly at 7:15 a.m. on Monday morning (12/17).
- Location: Library
- Time: 7:15 - 7:50 a.m.
- Administrator: Mrs. Valdes
During this time, students will remain in their morning locations. Assistant Principals, Counselors, Instructional Support, and the Instructional Specialists Team will cover morning duties.
Hallway by Stairs
- Echevarria will sub for Naik
- Norton will sub for Franco
- Continue with regular routine for the students. Note: BIC teachers will be with Mrs. Valdes.
- Students will eat breakfast in the cafeteria. They may read a book after breakfast.
- Medlock will sub for Wooster
- Maurier will sub for Sayers
- An educational movie will play.
- Snell will sub for Thomas
An educational movie will play.
- Simpson ** check on music after outside duty
- Hernandez, S.
- Rowland will sub for Coach W.
- Hernandez, V. will sub for Coach Green
Note: K-3rd grade students will eat breakfast when they are in their classrooms. Our cafeteria manager and Mrs. Vando have a plan for getting breakfast to our K-3rd students in a timely and efficient manner.
Sunshine Santa Week
The Sunshine Committee is excited to bring you Sunshine Santa Week starting Monday, December, 17, 2018. Below is the list of events for the week. Please note the correction for Ugly Sweater Day! We are asking staff to wear their Ugly Sweater on Thursday as a part of the contest for our Christmas Party!
Monday: Photo Booth Fun! Stop by our winter photo booth sometime Monday to take silly pictures with your work family! The photo booth will be located just outside the. Library!
Please email me photos so I will have some awesome ones from the week!
Tuesday: Holiday Cookie Exchange in the lounge! Bring a dozen cookies with the ingredients attached (due to allergies) and take a plate of 12 cookies. We are asking for all cookies to be placed in the lounge by 9 am. The cookie exchange will be open starting with the first lunch at 10:00 am.
Wednesday: Sunshine Santa sweet treat in your box! Check your box for a sweet treat from your Sunshine Santa. (:
Thursday: UGLY SWEATER CONTEST!!! Wear your Ugly sweater! Either have someone take your picture and email it to me, or stop by room 821 before 8:30 am to have your picture taken, and be entered into the contest. Winners will be voted on via email later in the day and announced at the party.
HOLIDAY CART!!! Be on the lookout for the Holiday Cart brought to you by the Admin. Team!
CHRISTMAS PARTY AT SALERNO’S: Christmas Party at Salerno’s in Flower Mound! 5:00-7:00
Friday: DECK the HALLS! Wear your best red & green to deck the halls with Holiday Cheer as we say “Cheers” to Winter Break!
Have a great weekend! We are almost there. (:
Celebrating AVP at Lewisville Elementary
Our Pony Week
- 2nd & 5th Grades Math CBA - 2nd 9 wks
- Baby Shower 3:15
- 3rd & 4th Grades Math CBA - 2nd 9 wks
- NO TEKS & ELPS Collaboration (No Tuesday Rotations this week)
- Cookie Party
- 3rd & 4th Grades Reading CBA - 2nd 9 wks
- 3:15 - 4:15 Advisory Comm. Mtg.
- Holiday Staff Party at Salerno’s, Flower Mound 5:00 p.m. -
- NO Tutoring
- STUDENT & STAFF EARLY RELEASE
- END OF 2ND NINE WEEKS (2nd 9 weeks grades due January 7th)
- Holiday Parties in the classrooms
- Thank you admin team for the gift of time!
- Thank you Mr. Anderson for bringing Jameill Showers to our school. Watching the joy on our students' faces, as they got his autograph after school made my heart happy!
- Shoutout to Mrs. Elva for getting my students $20 bill out of the trash after she got back to class and realized she didn't have it.
- Mrs. Dickinson for helping my students during math and being invested enough to call parents and help with behavior intervention. I appreciate you.
- Mr. Fitzgerald, Mrs. Hernandez, and Mrs. Bodiford for looking after my students while I enjoyed my gift of time.
- Nurse Rachel for training me on how to effectively manage the specialized medical needs of my student both at school & on field trips! Thanks!
- Mr. Frosch for being my sounding board & voice of reason when I had a tough student issue.
- Mrs. Vowell for being an awesome partner!
- Miss Lawson for working with me to plan an awesome science review for my students!
- Mrs. Veronica Hernandez: Thank you for organizing our annual spelling bee!
- Mr. Hicks-thank you for your constant support with all of our students, especially some of our students with difficult behaviors. I want to also thank you for your constant support that you show to our BIC students, they greatly appreciate you!
- Mr. Anderson-thank you for always going above and beyond for your students! They know that you care and love them!
- Mrs. Helbig for ALWAYS being at the top of the stairs in the morning to greet our students.
- Kristin Davis - December 17th
- Vicki Butler - December 31st
- Sandra Hernandez - December 31st