Second Grade Rock Stars
Next on tour: Upcoming Events
- 09/29- Return one signed copy of the progress report.
- 09/29- Bring back Friday Journals (don't forget to write your child back!)
- 10/02- Picture Day
- 10/02- WAVE Meeting at 6:30p.m.
- 10/03- Art
- 10/03- Spirit Day- Decades
Don't forget to look over your child's progress report and sign and return one of them back. If I have marked that I would like to conference with you this coming week, please fill out the page I attached. If you would like to meet on Monday morning or afternoon, please email me so I know (as I won't get the sheet back until Monday).
- Make sure to also look over the progress report with your child and talk about areas of improvement and what goals they have based on those.
Our Highlights: What We've Been Rockin' At!
In math, we finished up comparing numbers and will test on Monday afternoon. We will begin learning about coins and money. So make sure to break open those piggy banks at home and practice with your child. As the pictures on coins keep changing, (it drive us teachers crazy by the way) it is vital that your child plays with real money and coins to see what it is really like. Unfortunately, we only have fake coins in the classroom, so it is important for your child to get that practice of size, weight, and styles of each coin at home. You can practice at home by...
- Counting how many cents (or dollars and cents) there are.
- Practice giving you the exact amount of money that you ask for. (For instance, 72 cents or $1.64)
- Practice giving you the exact amount with the fewest coins possible.
- Have them act as a cashier! Buy something from them and have them give you the change back. (For instance buy something for 78 cents, pay them a dollar, and have them give you the change back from that -12 cents)
- Check out a coin song for your child HERE
Rockin' and Rollin' into Next Week!
Reading: Author's Purpose, expression while reading aloud
Writing: Hooks and Endings, the drafting process, and revising process
Grammar: Irregular verbs and Adjectives
Conventions: Capitalizing, ending punctuation, and possessive apostrophes, commas.
Social Studies: Mapping and directions
Spelling: g, ge, dge sounds
Are you on Remind yet?
It's easy and it keeps your information (and mine) private!
Simply text: @rock2nd
to the phone number: (925) 338-8054