Assisting you when in need!
What are the working conditions?
- work in hospitals, physician's offices, home healthcare services
- nursing care facilities
- may also work in correctional facilities, schools, summer camps, and with the military
What are the physical demands?
- you have to be willing to walk around a lot
- standing for long periods of time
- be able to lift and move patients
How to prepare?
- get your high school diploma or GED
- attend college for a degree
What kind of licensing or certification is required?
- high school diploma or GED
- bachelors degree
- associates degree
How much do you earn?
- $31.10 per hour
- $64,690 per year
How many people are employed in this occupation in Minnesota and nationally?
Minnesota: 68,738 registered nurses
Nationally: 2,724,570 registered nurses
- job security
- flexible hours
- variety of jobs that require nursing
- long working hours
- student loans and schooling can be long and expensive