First Grade Newsletter!
- 10th- End of the 3rd quarter
- 13th- Teacher Work Day- NO School for Students
- 15th- Student Led Conferences
- 15th- Last day to order a yearbook
- 23rd- Dual Language Parent Night 5:30
- 30th- Talent Show 6:00 pm
Visit our 2022/2023 School Calendar HERE
Love of Learning!
Our goal in first grade is to cultivate a love of school and learning.We spend our days learning through language, building relationships and practicing all of our new skills.
We cannot stress enough the importance of reading to and with your child every day.
You can support your child's success by reading, writing, playing rhyming games, counting, and talking to your child about what they are learning! Here are some questions you could ask your child after school:
- What was your favorite part of the day?
- What books did you read today?
- What was hard today?
- If you could sit next to anybody, who would it be?
- Who did you play with at recess?
- What special did you have and what did you do?
- Did anything funny happen?
- Did you ask any questions today?
- Did you sing any songs?
- What are you excited for tomorrow?
Per school policy, we are asking that you not send in treats on your child’s birthday. Instead, each class will have a Birthday Celebration Day. This will be the last Friday of every month and will celebrate all birthdays for that month. If you would like to be the designated person to send in a store bought treat for the class please reach out to your child's homeroom teacher.
From Left to Right: Mrs. Kowasic, Mrs. Estes, Mrs. Vera, Mr. Vazquez
Mrs. Estes - email@example.com
Mrs. Vera- firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Vazquez- email@example.com
Mrs. Kowasic- firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please visit our school principal, Ms. Maestle's newsletter for important information regarding the school year.