By Joyce Brackett + Katelyn Marshall
Measurements in centimeters
Length: 26 cm. = 260 mm. = 2.6 dm.
Width: 20.7 cm. = 207 mm. = 2.07 dm.
Length: 25 cm. = 250 mm. = 2.5 dm.
Width: 29 cm. = 290 mm. = 2.9 dm.
Board Game Box
Length: 40 cm. = 400 mm. = 4 dm.
Width: 26.9 cm. = 269 mm. = 2.69 dm.
Best prefix chosen
2D: Base*height of an object.
3D: Length*width*height* of an object.
What Is The Meter Based Off Of?
- Fundamental unit of length in the metric system.
- Equivalent to 39.37 inches
- Defined as 1/299,792,458 units of the distance light travels in a vacuum per second.
When do people use meters?
Carpenters measure room size in meters so they know how much carpet to use.
Class activity conversion questions
2.) Convert 6.2 dm. to centimeters.
3.) Convert 360 mm. to centimeters.
4.) Convert 5.6 dm. to centimeters.
- Howe, Denis. "Meter." Dictionary.com. Dictionary.com, 2010. Web. 06 Oct. 2015.
- Yunghans, Regina. "Average Home Sizes Around the World."Apartmenttherapy.com. BBC, n.d. Web. 06 Oct. 2015.