By Bethany & savannah
How it forms
Characteristics of a hurricane/structure
- formed over tropical oceans
- have rotary circulation
- also called typhoons
Eye: center of the storm
- all rain precipitation ceases
Eye wall: 10-20km from center
- greatest winds & heaviest rains
Bands of heavy convective showers that spiral inward toward the storms center
More about structure...
Hurricanes are formed from large numbers of thunderstorms arranged in pinwheel formation.
Inward of spiraling motion around low pressure
Cirrus clouds spiral outward around high pressure center.
What to do of caught in one
1. Stay away from low-lying and flood prone areas
2. Always stay indoors during a hurricane, because strong winds will blow things around
3. Stay always in high ground
4. Stay away from windows or glass in your house or a shelter
if you are caught outside in flooding grounds here is what to do:
- don't try to fight the current
- try to find something to hold on to so your not drifting under water
- find help