Maybury Weekly News
8.23.21: Keeping Families Informed and in the KNOW!
Welcome to Week 2 Maybury Families and Scholars!
Maybury 2021-2022 Theme
Our theme this year is "Academics under Construction!" We are excited for our new rigorous curriculum and have our reading interventionists support to assist our scholars in meeting their academic goals and pushing them to higher levels!
Every classroom on our campus has a college corner in the classroom. Teachers will share out about the college corner and give scholars facts and tidbits on the college/university throughout the year! Be sure to ask your scholar what college/university he/she is a part of!
At A+, we believe in the power of positivity and having a growth mindset. Your scholar will receive lessons on the growth mindset every day for about 15-20 minutes as it is the first unit in our Social Emotional Learning Curriculum!
Maybury 2021-2022 Theme
- Please work with us and be patient as we change our dismissal procedures to get scholars out and quickly and safely as possible. We will have older siblings meet their younger siblings in our front lobby. Please let your scholars know not to try going to other classrooms to get their sibling and please don't send already released scholars back into the building to look for their sibling.
NWEA (MAP (Measure of Academic Progress) Testing
- ELA and Math NWEA testing will occur on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week with makeup testing being done on Thursday. Please ensure your scholar is well rested and encourage your scholar to do their absolute very best. These assessments help give us a baseline as to where your scholar is and what he/she needs whether it be academic support or enrichment. Score reports will be sent home with scholars next week and will be a large part of our first parent teacher conference night (Academic Parent Teacher Team) which occurs on Friday, September 17th, 2021.
Dress Down Day
- Scholars may dress down and wear jeans every Friday for $1.00. All other days, scholars MUST be in the appropriate uniform.
- Kickboard is the platform we use to track scholar behavior. Scholars will begin receiving their "scholar dollar" reports every Friday. Those scholars that return with a signed copy of their report on Monday will begin the week with an additional $5.00! Please reach out to your scholar's teacher if you need login information.
- Class Dojo is utilized to communicate large class level messages and to individually reach out to parents. Contact your scholar's teacher if you need access to Dojo as well.
- There have been several transportation issues with Columbus City Schools in regard to buses not running their am routes due to a driver shortage and most recently not doing pickup in the afternoons. Please take time out of your day to contact transportation and inform them of your issues and request that you be notified when routes change, pick up or drop off changes on their end and so forth. Unfortunately, transportation issues are not in the realm of our control, however we do fully understand the frustration this situation is causing our families. Contact transportation @ 614-365-5074
- We will be having a kindergarten family night here soon so please stay looped in to our SMORE so you don't miss this fantastic event night! This is a night to get materials and resources to use at home with your kindergarten scholar as well as a time for questions and answers!
- If you refer a family for enrollment and they actually enroll and attend, you will receive a FREE A+ t-shirt AND your name will be put into a raffle to receive a $100 gift card during our APTT night drawing in September. Please help spread the word and direct potential future families to our enrollment link which is listed below right after recurring weekly information. #PLA #A+ARTS #whereALLscholarsNEEDtobe! #transformationalchange!
Recurring Weekly Information
The school day runs Monday-Friday from 8:00-3:30 pm. Breakfast will be served from 8:00-8:30. Masks are required for staff and scholars so please plan accordingly.
- COVID Guidelines: All scholars and staff must wear masks in the building. Please make sure your child has their own mask and that he/she is keeping it on and know it should cover their nose.
- Visitors will not be allowed in the building during school hours. This is for the health and safety of all scholars and staff. This includes parents/guardians. If you have a specific need we will meet you at the front door to best serve you.
- Your scholar may bring a refillable water bottle to school as we now have COVID safe, touchless drinking fountains.
- Transportation: We know that there may some issues with transportation. As much as we would like to help you with every need, the best way for you to get the information you need is to call 614-365-5074. Please communicate to us anything you learn so we can best support you and other parents.
- Uniforms- Scholars will be required to wear uniforms this school year. Scholars may wear ANY color colored polo shirt (A+ logo NOT required) along with Khaki, Blue or Black pants. No hoodies, slides or open toed shoes.
- Cell Phones- Scholars will not be permitted to carry or use cell phones during school hours. Teachers will have scholars drop their phones in a box upon entry into their classrooms every morning. Any scholar caught with a phone during school hours will have it confiscated and we will only return the phone to a parent/guardian.
- Proof of Residency- if we haven't received your Proof of Residency yet, your scholar is NOT fully enrolled. This can be a copy of a utility bill or first page of your lease. Please take a picture and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholars cannot begin school until this is completed.
A+ Arts Academy: Where the PLUS means so much MORE!
A+ Arts Academy provides a personalized elementary and junior high school education for scholars in kindergarten through eighth grade. The PLUS stands for our school environment. Your child will be safe, protected, cared for and nurtured in an atmosphere that rewards learning, self-respect and dignity.
The mission of our schools is to be known for producing responsible and accountable scholars who demonstrate a strong sense of self-worth, leadership and moral values, ultimately becoming exceptional citizens. We serve scholars and families at three beautiful campuses in the Columbus, Ohio area:
Fair Campus K-6 | 1395 Fair Ave., Columbus OH 43205 | 614.725.1305
Maybury Campus K-6 | 2633 Maybury Rd., Columbus OH 43232 | 614.626.2250
Napoleon Campus 7 & 8 | 270 S. Napoleon Ave., Columbus, OH 43213 | 614.338.0767
Deputy Regional Director
Director of Operations
Front Office Manager
Physical Education & Health Teacher
Special Education Teacher
1st Grade Teacher
1st Grade Teacher
2nd Grade Teacher
2nd Grade Teacher
3rd Grade Teacher
4th Grade Teacher
5/6 ELA/SS/Humanities Teacher
5/6 Math & Science Teacher