The Culinary Institute of America
and why i want to go
- You have to have at least your high school diploma or GED credential.
- No minimum GPA
- Recommendations: you'll need one or more depending on which program applied for.
- Assessment tests: may have to take a placement test to determine classes.
- Food-service experience: the CIA requires that you gain relevant experience in one of two ways before enrolling by working at a non fast food establishment with a professional kitchen for six months or by completing culinary classes at either the high school or college level.
- I want to go to school to be a business owner and chef/baker because I have always wanted to own my own restaurant.
- My area of study would be culinary arts management and baking and pastry arts management.
- In general restaurant owners make $50,000 - $100,000 a year and chefs generally make $85,000 a year.