Week of 9/25 - 9/29
Mrs. Pierce's Message...
As we move throughout our days, we often think life is not fair. Today's gospel from Luke discusses the fairness of a hard day's work, but everyone does not work the same amount yet is paid a just and equal wage. The landowner, who represents God in the story, gives everyone an opportunity to go to Heaven. The wage is eternal life with Him. God's time and our time are not the same. The important point here is to remember we all are welcomed by His grace where we are, and He accepts us always.
Have a blessed week!
In His service,
Saint Maria Goretti's SMORE has a new format.
It is more condensed with easier links to find more information.
Safety Tips for Kountry Karnival Weekend
- Children need supervision at all times.
- Establish a code word/safe word that you and your child know for emergencies.
- For younger students, wristbands will be available for you to write your cell phone number where you can be reached.
- Let your child know of the safe places to go during the weekend:
- Church Nursery (entrance door in the breezeway)
- Information Booth near the big tent
- Any of the Ticket Sales windows at back of the school building
- Be comfortable by hydrating, using sunscreen, and wearing a hat.
- Have check in times with your child to meet you every 20-30 minutes, depending on age of your child.
- Know where the First Aid station is located. Give your child a few bandaids to keep in his/her pocket for use as needed.
- Give your child small amounts of money at a time for buying tickets.
You don’t want them to accidentally lose a large amount, and it gives your child incentive to check in with you.
- Have your child travel in pairs with a friend or sibling. Use the Buddy System.
- If you are working in a booth, your students or other children cannot be in the booth with you. Please use the nursery where childcare is provided for those working the booths.
- In compliance with our Social Media Policy, SMG students will be held accountable for behavior outside of school with their cellphones.
Kountry Karnival Reminders:
KK Raffle Letters were sent home this past Friday, September 22nd. Please check your child's backpack for that envelope pack. Return raffle sale money to the front office this week along with the raffle stubs to be entered into the drawing on Sunday, October 1st.
KK shirts are still on sale! Students can wear their KK shirts or past KK shirts all week, EXCEPT on Wednesday Mass day!!
All KK Volunteers need to have a current Safe and Sacred training on file with Mrs. Malloy prior to working the Karnival. See the link below to get more information.
NEW FORMAT - CLICK ON BOLD BOX TO SEE CONTENT DETAILS
All volunteers must have a current online training certification on file prior to volunteering.
Food4Life October Menu
9/27 - 2nd hosts Mass
9/29 No School, Teacher In-Service
9/30-10/1 - Kountry Karnival
10/2 - Monday late start to school at 10:00am, last day to wear KK shirt. No A.M. SMEED, drop off begins at 9:30am. Monday Morning Prayers will be in classrooms over the PA.
10/3 - Robotics 6:30pm-8pm in Science Labs
10/4 - SMGCS Blessing of the pets at 2:00pm. In the back playground fields. Can bring stuffed animals, live pets or pictures to be blessed. Indoor Pick- up.
10/6 - 7th grade Catholic Charities activities 9:30am-1:30pm 10 parent volunteers are needed!! Spirit hours available to those who volunteer.
10/9 - Advisory Council Meeting 6:30pm in room 116
10/10 - School wide individual picture day.
8th grade shadow day at Nolan Catholic High School
10/11 - 7th grade Vikathon at Nolan Catholic High School
10/16 - Advisory Council Meeting 6:30pm in room 116
10/17 - 2nd grade field trip to Perot Museum
10/19 - Spring Creek Dine-out Night