Washington D.C. & Gettysburg Trip
May 10-11-12 , 2017
2017 Malvern Middle School 7th & 8th Grade Students
- 2017 Malvern 7th & 8th Grade Students have the opportunity to tour Washington D.C. & Gettysburg. The tour will depart Wednesday, May 10th at 6:30 a.m. and return Friday, May 12th at approximately 9:30 p.m.
- Tour Price Per Student: $365.00 Includes Coach USA Butler Motortransit motorcoach transportation, 2 nights lodging (students 4 per room) at Hilton/Sheraton Hotel, 8 meals: 2 Wednesday, 3 Thursday, 3 Friday, all admissions costs, 3 custom T-Shirts, Private DJ Dance, A Traveling Classrooms Tour Manager Per Motorcoach, all taxes & gratuities…No Extras!
- Chaperones are Malvern Staff (Mrs. Maffett is the primary Malvern tour leader. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 330-863-1355 ext #1151)
- Chaperone Ratio is 1 adult per every 10-12 students
- Parent Pre-Trip Meeting: September 27 @ 6:00pm - in our school cafetorium
Traveling Classrooms and Malvern Administration will discuss and answer questions concerning this tour. We expect this meeting to last 30-45 minutes. Deposits will be
accepted after the meeting if parents desire to pay early.
- Mandatory informational meeting Tuesday, April 11, 2017 @ 7:00 p.m. - in the school cafetorium. It is very important that at least one parent and the student attend this meeting. We will be passing out the finalized itinerary, expectations/ procedures for the trip including departure and arrival information, and packing guidelines. We will also be passing out emergency medical forms and collecting some additional medical information at this meeting. We will try to answer any questions or concerns that you have at this time. If you are absolutely unable to attend this meeting, please call 330-863-1355 extension 1151 to make arrangements to receive this information.
- Registration/Payment/Refund Policies
* $ 100.00 Non-Refundable Deposit Due Friday, October 28th, 2016
* $ 265.00 Refundable Balance Due Friday, April 7th, 2017
(A Traveling Classrooms representative will be in the school media center
from 7:15 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. to collect payments)
Please make checks payable to Traveling Classrooms
Include deposit form with payments
Write student name on memo area of check
Advance payments may be sent to -
P.O. BOX 9568
CANTON, OHIO 44711
**REFUND POLICIES-PARENTS PLEASE NOTE**
The deposits are Non-Refundable as those payments cover the costs incurred for non-refundable initial reservations for all students.
* Balance Refund Policy: Cancellation 22 + days from departure- Full Balance Refund . Cancellation 21-0 days- $50 refund.
All refund requests must be presented to school office in writing and dated.
If your child is declined participation on this trip due to discipline or grade issues, the stated balance refund policy remains in effect..
Traveling Classrooms will issue tour vouchers for all participants if tour is rescheduled due to conditions beyond our control.
Lincoln Memorial, Capitol Building, Jefferson Memorial,
American History Smithsonian, Air & Space Smithsonian, Washington Monument, Vietnam Veterans Wall, Korean War Veterans Memorial, Air Force Memorial,
White House (outside), Arlington Cemetery, Marine Iwo Jima Memorial,
WWII Memorial, National Archives, F.D. Roosevelt Memorial,
Natural History Smithsonian, Holocaust Building, M.L. King Memorial,
Gettysburg Museum, Gettysburg Film Cyclorama, Gettysburg Battlefield Tour