E-Staff Weekly for 9/28/14
Volunteer Tea Luncheon
Parent Visitation Days
- Parents/Family Members are required to sign in. We will have documentation of all custody issues so they are followed appropriately. All checked-in guests will have a colored wristband. Each day will be a different color.
- All staff will park in the back lot (Callowhill Road side).
- If a visitor doesn't have a wristband, please notify the office immediately.
- Parents/Family Members are to visit during the schedule times only. An announcement will be made for our guests to leave the school campus the event is over.
- I will be checking each classroom to make sure our guests have left the campus.
Fall Festival Planning
This year’s Fall Festival and Halloween Parade will continue to be a fun-filled event for our students. However, due to the increased security measures, the following will be implemented:
- The Fall Festival Parade and Parties will happen on Friday, October 31st.
- The parade route will form in the school.
- There will be one parade entry and exit point from the building for students/staff.
- Parade observers will be asked to remain within the boundary areas.Homeroom parents and 2-4 additional volunteers will be allowed to assist teachers during the party. A sign-in table will be located in the main lobby.
- Any parents dressing up are asked not to cover their face.
- A more detailed staff memo will be sent a week prior to the event taking place.
What's Your Why?
Kim Mulloy - Librarian
Teaching is a second career for me. I worked in business for several years before staying home with my children. As I thought about my career choices after my children were older, I realized that I wanted to make a positive impact on people’s lives. I wanted people to feel that knowing me has benefited them on a personal level.
I feel so fortunate that I chose a special field as a librarian. I have the opportunity to work with so many students. And since I work with the children for several years, I am able to see their growth. I also have the opportunity to work with siblings or cousins and see how the children fit in with their family. Not only do I work with the students, but often parents will discuss book choices with me. I truly feel that during their elementary childhood, I have the opportunity to make a difference in their lives.
Ken Ehrmann - Grade 5
My why is the kids, it’s all about the kids. Ever since I told my mom I wanted a younger brother or sister (which I never got) I have dreamed and desired influencing and mentoring younger minds. Mr. Cashman, my sixth grade teacher, was my inspiration to be a teacher. Children only get so many elementary teachers, I come to work every day trying to make one of those teachers memorable for my students. I want them to believe in themselves, believe in education, and learn to trust a complete stranger. Everyone needs love and trust in their life, and they need it from outside their family. Kids need to learn that they can trust a complete stranger so that they will continue to make life-long friends when they leave us. They need to believe in themselves and education so they can be successful when they leave us.