Global Education Day at ISTE 2019
Philadelphia, PA • June 23, 2019
You must be registered for the ISTE conference to attend the FREE Global Education Day Event. Space is limited and entrance to the GED will be granted on a first come, first served basis.
Sign up here to give an ignite talk, serve as a design sprint facilitator, and/or to participate in our Global Resources Fair. We will reserve a space for volunteers. Also, use this form to sign up to receive email updates from us.
Join us at the International Society for Technology in Education Conference
This participatory event will feature:
* Inspirational ignite talks by noted educators and organizations working to connect classrooms
* Design sprints around the formation of global project-based learning opportunities
* A global resource cool tools smackdown in which attendees will share the best resources and tools for creating global experiences for students
There are some changes for GED this year:
1. You must be registered to attend the ISTE conference in order to attend the Global Education Day on June 23rd. ISTE requires a registration fee; Global Education Day does not require an additional fee.
2. Our event will have limited seating and there is no pre-registration for the event itself.
3. Attendees will be admitted on a first come, first served basis starting at 2 PM on June 23rd.
4. If you want to serve as an ignite speaker, design sprint facilitator, or share resources at our Global Resource Fair, sign up here. We will reserve seats for those chosen for these activities provided that people have registered for the ISTE conference.
Unfortunately, we are not in a position to provide travel assistance to this informal meeting. Travel arrangements are the sole responsibility of the attendees. Please register ONLY if you will be in Philadelphia at the end of June 2019.
Here's our schedule:
2:30 - 2:45 Open Remarks by Lucy Gray and Steve Hargadon
2:45 - 3:00 First 2 ignite talks
3:00 - 3:30 PM Design Sprint 1
3:30 - 3:45 PM Next two ignite talks
3:45 - 4:15 PM Design Sprint 2
4:15 - 4:30 PM Last two ignite talks
4:30 - 4:45 PM Project Pitches
4:45 - 5:15 PM Global Resources Smackdown
Want to give an ignite talk, participate in our Global Resources Fair, facilitate our design sprints (no experience necessary) or share a resource during our Global Resources Smackdown?
Global Education Day at the 2018 ISTE Conference
Sunday, June 23rd, 2:30-5:15pm
1101 Arch Street
ISTE registration is required; admittance to this event is on a first come, first served basis. Anyone is welcome to attend, but participants and facilitators in the ignite talks, design sprints, and tool smackdown must be representing a non-profit or be a sponsor of the Global Education Conference.
Taking It Global
About GlobalEd Events and the Global Education Conference Network
Support our work by sponsoring any of our events. Contact Steve Hargadon at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Follow Us on Social Media
Become a member of our online community and connect with educators and organizations from 180+ countries.