Global Education Day at ISTE 2019
Philadelphia, PA • June 23, 2019
You must be registered for the ISTE conference to attend the FREE Global Education Day Event. Space is limited and entrance to the GED will be granted on a first come, first served basis.
Sign up here to give an ignite talk, serve as a design sprint facilitator, and/or to participate in our Global Resources Fair. We will reserve a space for volunteers. Also, use this form to sign up to receive email updates from us.
Join Us at the International Society for Technology in Education Conference
This participatory event will feature:
* A special guest appearance by design thinker and educator Don Buckley
*Inspirational ignite talks by noted educators and organizations working to connect classrooms
* Design activities related to bringing the UN's Sustainable Development Goals into schools
* A global resource cool tools smackdown in which attendees will share the best resources and tools for creating global experiences for students
*Resources from participating global education non-profit organizations
There are some changes for GED this year:
1. You must be registered to attend the ISTE conference in order to attend the Global Education Day on June 23rd. ISTE requires a registration fee; Global Education Day does not require an additional fee.
2. Our event will have limited seating and there is no pre-registration for the event itself.
3. Attendees will be admitted on a first come, first served basis starting at 2 PM on June 23rd.
4. If you want to serve as an ignite speaker, design activity facilitator, or share resources at our Global Resource Fair, sign up here. We will reserve seats for those chosen for these activities provided that people have registered for the ISTE conference.
5. Everyone is welcome to attend; only non-profit organizations and employees can participating in our leadership activities. For sponsorship information, please contact Steve Hargadon.
Want to give an ignite talk, participate in our Global Resources Fair, facilitate our design activities (no experience necessary) or share a resource during our Global Resources Smackdown? Fill out this form!
This year, noted educators and design thinking guru Don Buckley will be facilitating modified design thinking activities to help educators contemplate incorporating the UN's Sustainable Development Goals into schools. Don will give a short keynote, lead us through ideation and affinity mapping activities, and then our assembled group will vote on the best ideas. Interspersed throughout this workshop will be ignite talks and global resource sharing.
Here's our schedule:
2:30 - 2:45 Opening Remarks by Lucy Gray and Steve Hargadon
2:45 - 3:00 Don Buckley- mini-keynote, The Power of the How Might Me (HME)
3:00 - 3:30 PM Ideation Activity
3:30 - 3:45 PM Ignite Talks
-Cleary Vaughan-Lee, Document Your Place on The Planet: A Student Photography Project
-Laura Nietzer, The MY HERO Project
3:45 - 4:15 PM Affinity Mapping Activity
4:15 - 4:30 PM Last two ignite talks
-Brianna Vuori, Nearing the Future- Nearpod in My Classroom to Help Students Get Nearer to a Global Perspective
4:30 - 4:45 PM Dot Voting on the Best Ideas
4:45 - 5:15 PM Global Resources Smackdown
Unfortunately, we are not in a position to provide travel assistance to this informal meeting. Travel arrangements are the sole responsibility of the attendees. Please register ONLY if you will be in Philadelphia at the end of June 2019.
Global Education Day at the 2019 ISTE Conference
Sunday, June 23rd, 2:30-5:15pm
1101 Arch Street
This event is taking place in Room 119AB.
ISTE registration is required; admittance to this event is on a first come, first served basis. Anyone is welcome to attend, but participants and facilitators in the ignite talks, design activities, and tool smackdown must be representing a non-profit or be a sponsor of the Global Education Conference.
Additional Event! Attend a Free Film Screening in Philly
About GlobalEd Events and the Global Education Conference Network
Support our work by sponsoring any of our events. Contact Steve Hargadon at email@example.com for more details.
Follow Us on Social Media
Become a member of our online community and connect with educators and organizations from 180+ countries.