September 23, 2022
It was so energizing to see so many parents at Pocantico for our Middle School Open House – our first in-person Open House since fall of 2019! And next up is our Elementary School Open House for grades JPK-4 being held this coming Wednesday, September 28, from 6:30-8:00. This week also featured our 2nd and 3rd graders officially moving into their brand-new rooms, as well as an incredibly busy Picture Day.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL OPEN HOUSE – WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 6:30-8:00
We can’t wait to see you at our JPK-4 Elementary School Open House! A schedule for the evening is being emailed to those families. This is wonderful opportunity to meet all the teachers involved in your child(ren)’s education and hear about the year ahead, and we’ll also be featuring some scrumptious samples from our incredible cafeteria. Parking is available in both Gate 1 and Gate 3.
FALL INTRAMURALS – GRADES 3-6
We’ll be running Fall Intramurals in three separate mini-sessions beginning on Monday, October 3rd, and running through November 10th. Please click the link below for details and to sign your child(ren) up. The featured sports are Tennis, Soccer/Futsal, and Flag Football!
Just so you’re aware, we’ll be running new sessions in the Winter as well as in the Spring for the same age groups. We’ll also be looking for ways to involve even younger students as well.
MAKERBOT 3D PRINTING CLUB
Mr. Cook will be making sign-up forms for his 3D Printing Club available to all 5th through 8th graders. The club will run for 28 sessions on Tuesdays beginning on October 4th. See the attached flyer.
PARENT PORTAL & MIDDLE SCHOOL GRADEBOOK
Just a reminder that middle school parents have real-time access to their child’s gradebooks in each class. This is especially important for having proactive and productive conversations with both your child and the teacher about assignments and academic progress. While it’s still early in the year, now is a good time to go in and see how the portal is structured.
SWIM IN GYM IS OVER
By September standards, we had a very successful Fall Swim In Gym! We were able to run the program on 9 out of the 12 days. This has been a relatively recent expansion of our June program, and for a little perspective, previous Septembers had more of a 30%-50% success rate, so 75% is pretty darn good! Thank you to our pool staff and teachers for their support.
Thank you everyone for being mindful of our dismissal procedures and communication needs from you – it really makes a difference to us because we’re a small team managing lots of scenarios – thank you!
· We will NOT dismiss a child to any situation or person other than who/what we have on file unless we have a written note from you. If we don’t have it in writing, it’s not happening.
· PLEASE CONTACT US IN ADVANCE.
· Emails should be sent to Deb Kaplan, Ryan Beckley, AND the teacher. Handwritten notes should go directly to your child’s teacher, who will then forward it to the office.
· In the note, include your child’s first AND last name, teacher/grade, timing of the pickup (if early), and who specifically is picking up your child.
· Children MUST ride on their assigned bus at 3:00 and cannot switch buses for playdates or any other reasons. The best solution for this would be to pick kids up by car.
I hope everyone has a restful long weekend. And to all our Jewish families celebrating Rosh Hashanah, we wish you a Happy New Year!
All the Best,
LOOKING AHEAD . . .
9/26/22 - 9/27/22
- Rosh Hashanah - School Closed
- Elementary Back to School Night & Open House: 6:30 - 8:00 PM
- PTA Back to School Clothing & Supplies Fundraiser Ends
- Yom Kippur - School Closed
- Board of Education Meeting - 7:30 PM
- Columbus Day - District Closed
Edit and verify your email addresses and telephone numbers in the Parent Portal. Click the button above to log into the Portal. If you need assistance, please contact Norma DeSousa at firstname.lastname@example.org
SEE ATTACHMENTS FOR DOWNLOAD AND PRINTING SECTION BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL YUBBLER SUPPLY INFORMATION
Please browse our Pocantico Hills School Foundation FACEBOOK Page for the latest news and information from the Foundation!