Independent Study Updates
January 10th, 2018
The ISP classroom is a great place to complete assignments and receive support. The classroom is open daily from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM unless I notify you in advance that I need to close the classroom for a meeting.
As a reminder, you can log into your Infinite Campus portal, choose your home school from the drop down menu and click on reports, to view your transcript. The link to the Infinite Campus portal is below. Transcripts are up to date for completed ISP courses and community college courses. The home schools have not yet posted grades and there are some issues still being worked out by the SUHSD IT department for some college courses. I will print transcripts for students upon request.
Infinite Campus Portal
You can view your community college grades for the fall semester, and your spring semester schedule through your websmart account. Your user ID is your G # and your password is your 6 digit date of birth. To see your grades, select student records and click on view final grades. To see your spring schedule, select registration and click on class schedule summary spring 2018.
Community College Grades and Schedule
Math Tutor Available
Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Math Tutor Available
Math is fun! Especially when I work with the tutor!!!
Math Tutor Available
If you are behind in Apex or if you need help come for math tutoring!
New Concurrently Enrolled Community College Students
Good for you! You are making a choice to earn high school credit while also earning college credit. This is a wise decision. Please ensure your success by:
Reviewing the information in the document below. You should already have a printed copy of this information, and I sent it to you via email also.
- College courses taken become a permanent part of your college transcript. Talk to me if you are struggling or need additional support. You can succeed.
- Bring me a copy of your course syllabus the first week of school. You may need to print this from your Canvas account.
Upcoming Parent Workshops
Upcoming Holidays and School Closures
January 15th MLK Day The classroom will be closed
February 4th Last Day to drop a community college course without a W on your transcript
February 16th Lincoln's Birthday No Canada Classes. The ISP classroom will be open.
February 19th President's Day No Canada Classes and no ISP.
February 19th February 23rd Mid Winter Break for SUHSD ISP. The classroom will be closed.
Note that community college classes will take place from February 20-23rd. Students taking college courses will need to attend their classes.
March 8th Flex Day No Canada Classes.
March 25th-31st Spring Break for community college courses.*
March 30th Cesar Chavez Day. The classroom and college will be closed.
April 9th-13th Spring Break for SUHSD The ISP classroom will be closed. College classes meet.*
April 26th Last day to withdraw from a community college course with a W on your transcript.
May 29th Memorial Day No ISP Classes
May 19th- May 25th Finals Week for Community College Classes
June 1st ISP Graduation
June 7th Last day of ISP
*I will make individual arrangements with students who are taking both community college and ISP classes to allow for a break!
Seniors and Senior Parents- Class of 2018!!!
- Most seniors have completed American Government and begun Economics. If you haven't finished Government, please do so this month! If you have finished, make sure you turn in your very expensive American Government textbook. Bring it to our first meeting please.
- This semester all seniors will write a Senior Research Report. This assignment involves extensive reading and writing. Parents- you should see your student working on this assignment at home beginning next week. Students- if you are still completing first semester assignments, you need to finish within the next two weeks in order to give yourself enough time to complete the second semester assignments.
- All seniors must participate in the Cañada College Library Research Tour. This tour is meant to introduce students to the tools and resources available for research in the library. The tour takes place Friday, January 26th at 1:00 PM. We will meet in our classroom at 12:45 and walk over to the library together. This is mandatory! It should take about an hour.
- By now, most of you have made a decision regarding post high school plans. If you applied to a 4 year college, make sure to keep up with required deadlines and due dates. Open your college portals and keep abreast of requirements. If you intend to enroll in a community college, you should spend time reviewing websites of the various colleges you are considering and make sure you are aware of their application requirements and deadlines.
- If you haven't yet completed the FAFSA, please do so.
- Students who intend to enroll as full time community college students at Cañada College may apply now. Concurrently enrolled students must reapply as high school graduates. Cañada College offers a Promise Scholarship for all full time students. This scholarship pays fees, registration and for textbooks. Additionally, students who attend PEP (Priority Enrollment Program) are allowed to register early for their courses. The links below will assist you with the process. Once we settle into the semester, Cañada ambassadors can assist students as well. I have information about all of these programs in the classroom.
- If you plan to participate in your home school graduation ceremony PLEASE know that it is your responsibility to pay attention to required deadlines and keep up with senior meetings. Information is posted on home school websites. Most schools have this information listed under student activities- graduation. PLEASE review the information and let your counselor know you intend to participate. You need to read emails from your home school as well.
- The class of 2018 Independent Study Graduation will take place on Friday, June 1st at 1:00 PM. It will be held at the District Office on James Ave. in Redwood City. More details will be available soon. I will order caps/tassels for students to keep and we will rent gowns for our celebration. It is lots of fun!
Cañada College Library Tour
Friday, January 26th 1:00 Pm to 2:00 PM.
Sign up in the classroom please.